Chapter 2- It's Over

***PLEASE CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON! I BEG YOUUUU***

Let me explain what your votes do. There's this ranking called "What's Hot" list. And if a story receives many votes and reads, the ranking increases. It becomes more visible to readers and gives me the opportunity in gaining more readers. So pleaaase do vote. Thank you!

 Young Hera- Camilla Belle. Pic of her on the right side! :D

CHAPTER 2- IT’S OVER

TIMELINE: A few weeks after Hera, Thanatos and Hephaestus' drinking spree. The war with Cronus on HIFFD is already over. 

Note: Before reading this chapter, go to Youtube and search for this song: Let Her Go-Passenger (Official Video Cover by Jasmine Thompson) Have that song on repeat as you read this chapter.

I promise you. There’d be sooo much feels.

The Courtyard
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

 A few weeks later...

-Zeus-

“Hera… Wake-up.”

I found the queen of Olympus slumped against a table as she slept. She was surrounded by bottles and the room reeked of alcohol.

She lifted her head and turned sleepy, green-eyes towards me. She sat-up a little straighter and glanced around the room. Her gaze lingered to the window.

“Yes. It’s already morning,” I said in a clipped tone.

She stood up and smoothed the folds of her dress. She tried to walk towards me but she lost her footing and almost fell down on the ground. I teleported myself to her side and clamped a hand down her arm.

“Go to your bedroom and rest there, Hera.”

She lifted those green eyes and gazed deep into mine as though searching for something.

“Will you stay with me, Zeus?”

Quickly, I shook my head at the request. “I have many things to do.”

Her gaze turned instantly hard and the softness was gone from her features. The tension in the room heightened and outside, the wind started to howl.

“More women to pursue, I presume?”

I didn’t reply to that. I didn’t really want to fight with her this morning. So, I turned my back and started to leave.

“Zeus!” she shouted. The door before me slammed and I was forced to face her once more.

“Go to bed, Hera. You’re drunk. And don’t do this ever again. You are the Queen of OIympus, you are above this.” I swept my hand across the table indicating the alcohol.

She snorted. I didn’t really want a fight today but this woman was testing my patience.

“Queen? Am I really? I think I stopped being your Queen a long time ago, Zeus. You’ve given me a lot of promises yet fulfilled them at one point in time only.”

I rubbed my temples. “You are queen of Olympus, Hera. There are thousands of servants waiting on you. You hold power equal to my own. You have everything you want!”

“But I don’t have you,” she replied. Her voice broke and I felt this twinge inside my chest.

I reached for her. “Hera.” I pulled her closer and she was very stiff in my arms.