Chapter 19- Reawakening (Part 2)

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT!***

NOTE: I would just like to take this time and thank all my understanding readers out there! Those who patiently wait for updates and know that I can't write as much as before since I now have a full-time job, this chapter's for you guys.

Even if I am very busy, just know that these stories are in my thoughts always and I am constantly looking forward to the weekend when I can finally sit down and write my fantasies. :)

CHAPTER 19- REAWAKENING (Part 2)

The Gardens
New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York City

-Hera-

“Listen to me, Hera…” Aerith began.

I nodded and leaned forward to better absorb what she was going to say. I think I may finally be getting the answers I wanted right from the start.

“There are things in this world which are considered myths or legends. Some things which may be weird, bizarre or fantastical for others,” she explained with a wave of her hand.

I didn’t know where this conversation was leading to but something inside me told me that this was important.

“Some of them are true…” Amphitrite continued when Aerith seemed at a loss for words.

The two looked at each other and I saw hesitation in their eyes.

“What? What do you mean?” I asked when they didn’t speak for a long time.

“One day… You’ll know what we mean. One day, you’ll get your memories back and then you’ll understand. But for now… we’ll have to end with that.”

“What? Why?”

“The things we’ll tell you… They’re not that easy to believe. It’s better when you get your memories back. That’s the only time you’ll understand.”

This was getting so frustrating! I opened my mouth to speak but Amphitrite lifted a hand to stop me.

“Zeus wants to give you a choice this time around. He wants to give you the freedom you didn’t have before. He wants to win you back fair and square.”

And just like that, my heart melted—even if I didn’t understand what those words meant.

“How didn’t I have a choice?” I asked.

My two friends shared another glance.

“Well… Let’s just say that right from the start, you were destined to be with Zeus—“

I spoke before Aerith was even finished, “What? Like an arranged marriage?”

Amphitrite grinned. “Yeah. Something like that.”

“But Zeus likes to brag of it as something written in the stars. Something fated. He keeps on saying that he took one look at you and he fell in love. One kiss and it was you for him for all of eternity,” she told me. Her voice was a low whisper and matched the mood of her words.

It felt like my heart leapt into my throat. After I heard those words, all coherent thought fled and I just… melted.

“He brags?” I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

They both nodded. “He does. And he sounds so happy when he says that. I don’t know what went wrong along the way…” Aerith said.

That was what I was thinking too. If Zeus loved me so much, then what went wrong? Why did he cheat? If he loved me so much, wasn’t I enough?