Chapter 10- Losing You

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

Here's another update guys. Yes, I told you I'd write when there was free time. And yay there's free time! LOL. Please stop flooding my inbox because asking when the next update will be. Haha. If I knew that, the update would already be written and posted. I could only write when I have extra time on my hands. But when I do... I really do the updates and here's proof of it. :)

To all those flooding my inbox and message board, please do vote! :)

CHAPTER 10- LOSING YOU

 ***SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: WHEN YOU'RE GONE BY AVRIL LAVIGNE (I like the acoustic version sooo much better. Perfect for feels. LOL)

The Same Day
Somewhere in Central Park
New York City

-Zeus-

My heart felt like it was torn out of my chest and thrown to the ground. But that was not all. It also felt as though a boot stomped on it and crushed it to several pieces. I stood there gaping at her while I struggled to get my thoughts back into order.

“What? What happened?” I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

“I woke up and I was in a hospital. They told me I was in a car accident,” she replied. She shrugged and then winced as her arm was moved. I felt all the blood drain from my face and all the oxygen removed from my lungs.

No… This couldn’t have happened to my queen.

I clenched my fists and fought for control.

“Hera. We have to go home now. I will let Apollo look at you and we can fix all this,” I told her. She shook her head and bit her lower lip. I saw the doubt in her gaze and it crushed me even more.

“I’m sorry but right now, I don’t even know you,”

“I’m Zeus… Your husband,” I declared. Her lips parted on a gasp. Shock was displayed in those beautiful features. She looked at me from head to toe as though she was seeing me for the first time. She frowned and my world plummeted.

“I’m sorry… But I really don’t have any memories as of now,” she told me. I closed my eyes and prayed for patience. What I really wanted was to grab her hand and flash us back to Olympus. But that was going to be another mark on my long list of mistakes I’ve done to her.

I lied before and this was why she was here. This was why she was hurt and looked lost. This was my chance to tell the truth. To set everything right.

“Look, Hera. I’m Zeus, your husband. But you left me because I was an ass. You left last time because we fought. For the past three days I’ve been searching for you and now I’ve finally found you.”

She gasped and took another step back. Instinctively, I extended my hand to stop her from going further. But she looked so afraid that she reeled and my heart broke all over again. I clenched my fist and brought it back down to my side.

“I—I should go,” she whispered.

“But—“

“You said it yourself. I left you. I must’ve had good reason to do that. You know, when I first saw you something in me recognized you and wanted to run to you. But there was another part which held me back. Now, I know why and I trust my instinct. I… I have to leave,” she answered and started to turn around.