Chapter 11- A Ray of Light

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE STORY IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 11- A RAY OF LIGHT

SONG: WHEN I LOOK AT YOU by Miley Cyrus. (Some of you may not like Miley. No hater comments please but I LOVE the song. So I tried to find a good cover. I found a duet version I liked. Video posted on the right side! Btw, you can only view pictures or videos when you're reading this from your computer. Pics or videos don't show up on the app or mobile version)

Three Days Later
New York Hospital
New York City

-Hera-

Three days after Theo and I went to the museum and still the man who told me that he was my ex-husband hadn’t showed up. I was actually waiting for him to show proof for I had so many questions. He was the only link to my past and I knew deep inside that he had all the answers. But now, I’m guessing that all of it was fake.

“Hera… I lost you again,” Theo remarked. I blinked and turned to face him. I was so deep in thought that I stopped arranging the papers on the desk. Yesterday, they finally removed the sling on my arm. Again, doctors remarked at how fast I was healing. I knew they had questions for me and I didn’t have all those answers so I just let them draw my blood to analyze it. After that, I begged Theo to let me do something.

I was feeling cooped up in that small box of a room and I welcomed any chance to do something else. So he led me to his office. It was a mess! Papers were strewn everywhere, clothes laid on chairs, empty coffee mugs on the table and so much more! He brought me there to play on his computer but I realized I knew nothing about computers. I pretended I did though, just to get a chance to clean his office.

It was the least I could do after all the trouble I gave him. When he returned and saw his office after I cleaned it, he was happy. The smile on his face made my heart jump and I told him I can organize his papers too.

And here I was…

“Sorry. I was thinking about something,” I replied. He put down his pen and removed his glasses. “You’re thinking about him again, aren’t you? You’re asking yourself why he hasn’t come?”

I nodded and continued stacking and straightening the papers in my hand. I turned away to place them on the cabinets but I felt Theo’s eyes on me the whole time. “Maybe he’s just looking for proof?” Theo suggested.

I shrugged. “Or maybe he isn’t really coming. He told me he was my husband and then he said that I left him because we had problems. Maybe he isn’t coming anymore…” I answered.

“Then he’s stupid,” Theo scoffed. That had me turning around. I lifted an eyebrow in inquiry. Theo sighed and leaned back in his chair. He raised his arms and stretched them. “Look at you, Hera. You’re beautiful. It’s like you have this light inside of you. Every time you go inside a room, you brighten it.”

My heart stopped at his words. Then, it began to beat a very fast rhythm. Theo smiled and something inside me melted. He picked up his glasses and his pen and resumed writing once more.

“Tell me about this man who’s claiming to be your husband. What did you feel when you saw him?” he asked. I finished putting away the last of the papers on his desk before I sat on the chair opposite his.

“It’s like there’s something in me that knew him. I don’t really remember him but it’s like a part of me did. I wanted to run to him but there’s also this other side telling me to run as far away as I could,” I replied honestly.