Twenty Eight - The Devil In It's Best Form

"I wanna be that fantasy that you got on your mind,"

Paris, Lana Del Rey

"You guys are adorable," they kept their faces straight as I chuckled and ruffled with their hair. Both Adam and Addison stood there, blankly staring at me.

Who would ever think I could be so awkward that I have an awkward silence with two five year olds?

"We aren't kidding," Addison pouted, her once bright blue eyes knocked down a shade darker. Adam stifled his giggle at his sister's anger and elbowed me in the knee.

It was so hard not to wince at the wrath of a five-year old!

I'm being sarcastic, even though that's believable for me.

"I personally think you can do better," Adam leaned against my calf and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Sorry Mini Conner, that's illegal," I patted his head and sighed. "What do you guys wanna do? I'm not too experienced with five-year olds."

"You could be!" Adam blurted. Okay, why are do five-year olds have the mind of players?

"Addison?" I looked around for her. A tug came from behind my calf. I turned around to an Addison with a mischievous smile on her face. "What'd you do?"

"Nothing," she giggled.

 I scowled at her for a moment, "Addison," I cocked an eyebrow at her. She twirled her hair between her fingers and looked at me with an innocent grin. "Where's my phone?"

"No where," she shrugged and walked off towards Adam. "By the way, Conner's going to see that text. He went to get it fixed, not to replace it," she turned back to me with a smug smirk and continued to walk off.

.

.

After being stuck with these two, I realized to never doubt the innocence of toddlers. Adam had made more dirty jokes than Conner, and Addison had kept bringing up the fact that Conner and I are "friends with benefits."

We aren't even friends.

The garage door opened follow by a voice calling out, "I'm home!" 

Adam and Addison hopped off of the barstool chairs and sprinted towards the garage and huddled Conner into hugs. It was honestly adorable until you realize who they actually are. Conner genuinely smiled, which showed off his only dimple on his right cheek. He brushed them off his legs and approached me while whistling.

"You know, once I got my phone fixed, I got a text." He plopped onto the other side of the couch and faced towards me.

"Wow, you have friends," I made the sarcasm in my voice evident. He fell onto his back, into the position I was in. Except instead of gazing into the deep soul of the TV he gazed into the depths of my eyes. Getting a bit insecure, I snapped at him. "What?"

"Nothing," he cooed and laid onto his stomach. "You know what the text said?"

"No and I don't really care," I muttered under my breath. 

He shrugged and continued, "it said 'I love you' and you know who it was from?" From what I know, Conner doesn't have a girlfriend. Well unless you count some mindless bimbo as a "girlfriend" than he has many. 

"You," he smirked.

"Addison, I swear I'm going to kill you!" I shrieked. For a doll-resembling girl with long golden curls, mesmerizing ocean blue eyes and adorable dresses – she's the devil in its cutest form. Or that may be all of the Peterson siblings actually.

Conner tugged at my leg from the floor, making me topple down. He held me down onto his chest and between his legs, making me blush profusely. 

"You're blushing jewel," he whispered into my ear which sent a wave of shivers down my spine. I stayed silent since apparently when I get a bit too close to guys, my brain cells decide to disappear. Our noses were barely touching, and whenever he blinked I could have sworn that I felt his eyelashes fluttering against mine.

 Eliminating any space there was between us, Conner pulled me closer to him and brought our lips together. I gently tugged at his hair and let my lips move in sync with his. For the first time, I felt a pit in my stomach fill with loads of butterflies and glitter. My whole body fluttered when he slowly pulled away and interlocked his eyes with mine. I rested my head underneath his chin and in the crook of his neck while he played with my hair.

Have you ever had the feeling where you try to ignore your crush but they brush past you or just say a mere word or sentence to you? When you thought that you were over your crush – for good, it was like starting over new. Like a new year. But if you interlock your eyes for just a bit or if they shoot you one of their smiles that replay in your dreams, your knees turn to jelly and it seems as if butterflies swarmed that empty pit in your stomach.

My father always told me that, that dang feeling, when you become part jelly and party butterfly, that's when you know that you have a crush on someone. It seems like a joke just to confirm your feelings for someone. But maybe the person that you thought that you'd never have a crush on – never in a million or gazillion years – could give you that feeling. Sometimes they would already give you that feeling and you would just casually brush it off thinking it was last nights dinner that didn't settle.

Maybe it was the person you grew up with, your best friend, your neighbor, the annoying kid from school who happens to be the nicest kid once you get to know them, your brother or sister's best friend who would always come over, or maybe – just maybe – it was that guy who every girl adored. The guy that every girl adored, the one with the bushy blonde hair that framed his face just perfectly, the one with the twinkling light ocean eyes that you could gaze at forever, the one that you know you'll never have because they don't do girlfriends, they do girls.

I, Jade Williams, just so happen to realize that I've fell for "that guy". The guy who you very well know that you'll never be able to genuinely cuddle with because they will use you and throw you away. The damn blonde haired, blue eyed, jersey wearing, classic player.

I, Jade Williams, got shot with Cupid's arrow and the first guy I laid my eyes on was Conner Peterson. The devil truly in its best form.

AUTHORS NOTE

ALL I CAN SAY IS FINALLY OMG

Q.O.T.C.

Would you guys like to see chapter 30 in someone else's POV? Like Conner, Ivy, Autumn, etc.? If so, who and would you like it to be a new chapter or a repeat of another chapter - just what they though?

JADE ADMITTED FINALLY,

SIMI