『CHAPTER 02』

2: Hearth and Home

2: Hearth and Home

=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=0=

     Two months have passed since Akane arrived at the [game].

     Akane marched towards the house, holding a bag of [coins], with her katana full of [slime] goo. She remained poker-faced as she increased her pace.

     She was relieved when the wooden house of her housemate, Ruby, was on sight.

     Ruby was on the window, watching outside with her chin resting on her hands. When she saw Akane approaching, she halted viewing around. She waved at Akane, who's now near the door.

     Ruby frantically hurried downstairs and opened the door for Akane. "Welcome back, big sister Akane!" She happily greeted, squirming. Akane cracked a smile.

     "Yeah, it's good to be back," Akane replied. She placed her backpack and the bag of coins on the dining table. Akane stared at her katana in disgust and grabbed a random cloth.

     "So, how's the adventure, big sister Akane?" Ruby asked while following Akane around, who's at the sink soaking the cloth she's holding.

     Akane squeezed the cloth and began wiping it on her katana. "Fine, I suppose."

     Ruby intently stared at Akane as she sat on a wooden chair. Akane glanced at Ruby.

     "Big sister Akane?" Ruby called, resting her head on the table, watching Akane.

     "Hmm?" Akane glanced at Ruby before washing the cloth that is full of [slime] goo.

     "Are you gonna leave me?" She asked and slammed her head on the table. Akane paused.

     "No. You will come with me, right?" Akane answered. Ruby's expression changed, making Akane look at her worryingly.

     "What's wrong?" Akane asked and leaned on the sink, still looking at Ruby worryingly.

     Ruby glanced at Akane and sighed. Akane slightly tilted her head in confusion. "But I don't know anything about combat."

     Akane wiped her katana with a dry cloth and looked at Ruby.

     "I wanted to teach you but--" Ruby rose. Akane was surprised by the sudden reaction.

     "Really? Really?" Ruby squealed.

     "But, I don't know how to teach, and I haven't experienced taking tasks," Akane replied in a muffled tone. Ruby pouted angrily. She awkwardly stared at Ruby and kept her [katana] in the sheath.

     "Uhmm. . Well, I heard that there's an academy here at [Crimson Red Nation] where they train you how to fight. Also, you won't be lonely because you will be living in a dorm so that you won't exhaust yourself every day of walking and waking up early." Akane suggested, attempting to lighten up Ruby's mood, but it didn't work.