『CHAPTER 07』

7: Ales and Tales

7: Ales and Tales

=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=1=

     They sat on a table for six inside a tavern, not far from [Tasks and Quests].

     "It's still afternoon. Perhaps we can take a carriage?" suggested Laine. Amber placed her fingers under her chin. "It will take us about 4 hours to reach the limit of our first carriage."

     The others looked at Amber in confusion. "How did you know?"

     "I estimated the area of Neusud," answered Amber. Akane slowly nodded. "I see."

     "Also, the world has two continents, [Coleuria] and [Monustere]. However, there's a small, strange island located at the corner of the map," said Amber as she ran her fingers on the table.

     Akane frowned, mouth slightly open and head slightly tilted. "How strange."

     Amber grabbed an unopened scroll from her belt. She rolled it open, which shows the map of the world. "Awesome," said Laine, her eyes intently locked on to the scroll.

     "Coleuria is not the name of the world?" asked Akane, peering at the map. Amber nodded.

     "Where did you get this?" asked Laine, running her fingers on the scroll.

     Amber flicked back her ponytail and smiled wittily. "Inside a bottle flowing in the river."

     Neila raised a brow with her head lowered down and slightly tilted to the side. "Who the heck will cast a bottle with a map inside, to the river?" asked Akane, who is baffled.

     "Must be a kid who's hallucinating on another continent," said Neila, swallowing a tankard of ale. "Hmm, this ale rocks."

     "A kid? Look at it! Coleuria is drawn perfectly along with the nations, forests, and all. It even has labels on it." exclaimed Raven. Neila raised a brow. "Artistry in kids is not uncommon."

     Raven pouted, glaring at Neila. "Just admit you're shocked that there's another continent other than Coleuria."

     Neila rolled her eyes and gulped ale. "Whatever."

     "I thought Coleuria is the name of the world," said Akane, straight out of her thoughts. Laine looked at her in agreement. "Same."

     Amber glanced at Neila. "Anyway, why can't we ask other adventurers about--"

     "Excuse me." Raven raised his hand, calling out the tavern waitress walking towards the counter.

     The tavern waitress halted and approached their table. "Yes, How may I help you?"

     They glared at Raven, who's now looking at them with visible confusion.

     "Uh. . . one grilled pork, please," ordered Raven and looked away, blowing his cheeks.