『CHAPTER 03』

3: Innocent Runaways

=0=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=

     The next day arrived. Akane remained in bed, peacefully sleeping, heedless of the time.

     Ruby rubbed her eyes as she entered Akane's room. She inhaled deeply, smiling. "Wake up, big sister Akane!"

     Akane opened her eyes in surprise. She snatched a nearby pillow and threw it at Ruby while half asleep. She then returned lying down in a split second.

     Ruby gently rubbed her forehead while on the floor, sitting. Akane then opened her eyes, realizing what she did. She crawled on the bed and saw Ruby on the floor.

     Akane awkwardly smiled. "Oh, I'm so sorry," said Akane. Ruby stood up. "It's fine, big sister Akane," replied Ruby. Akane got out of her bed to prepare.

     After a few hours, Akane, so as Ruby, was fully prepared. They both exchanged smiles before moving their way to the Academy.

• • •

     Ruby was astonished by the Academy's exterior features as they viewed the colossal tower from a distance. Ruby looked at Akane, excitedly smiling. Akane smiled back at Ruby. A few minutes later, they arrived at the massive alloy gate of the Academy.

     They proceeded to enter the campus and reached the main entrance of the Academy.

     "Big sister Akane," Ruby called. Akane looked at her. Ruby's realization of being away from Akane had her feeling empty and sad.

     Akane smiled. "Yeah?"

     "Don't forget to call me, okay?" said Ruby, squeezing her hands together at her chest.

     Akane paused and nodded. "Of course."

     Ruby gazed down. She placed her hands at her face and began sobbing. Akane's eyes widened, then she held Ruby's shoulders while smiling awkwardly.

     "Hey, don't cry. It's not like I'm going to be dead tomorrow. Hehe-" Akane halted when Ruby slapped Akane's arm. "Shut up. It's not like I'm thinking that way." Ruby giggled and rubbed her eyes. "It's just that, you remind me of my sister and I miss her already."

     Akane was shocked, but it wasn't visible on her face. She had no idea about Ruby's sister. "Here in Coleuria?"

     Ruby shrugged. "I don't know. I kept on having dreams about her these past few months." Akane stared at Ruby for a while before asking, "Do you know her name?"

     Ruby shook her head. "I don't know. Her face was indistinguishable either. The visions were heartbreaking. Perhaps we were close." Ruby sighed and looked at Akane. Akane nodded.