『CHAPTER 08』

8: Blaze a trail

8: Blaze a trail

=0=0=0=0=1=0=0=0=

Neila remained frozen as the girl gave her a radiant smile, grabbing almost all of the people's attention.

"What are you doing here?" asked Neila, trying to calm herself and snatched Raven's glass of water then hastily drank it. Raven remained staring at Neila, wide-eyed, while wincing.

Amber placed her fingers on her chin. "I'm guessing you knew of Neila, correct?" asked Amber. The girl nodded excitedly and turned to Raven. "Have we met before?"

Raven avoided the girl's stare, scratching his head as the girl leaned closer to him. "Have we?" asked the girl for the second time. "N-no. You must've mistaken me for someone else," replied Raven, waving both of his hands.

The girl went silent and stared in oblivion for a while and shrugged. She turned her gaze to Neila, who's still visibly surprised by her arrival.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Neila. The girl crossed her arms across her chest while looking away, pouting. "I got lost after wandering beyond the river."

Neila stood up and grabbed the girl's shoulder. "Go home," said Neila in a stern voice. The girl flinched away from Neila's grasp and eagerly shook her head. "I won't. I'm lost."

Neila snorted and held her forehead in disbelief, stressfully massaging it. "What do you want me to do then?"

The girl touched her index fingers together, sweating nervously. "Can I go on an adventure with you?" hesitantly asked the girl. "Only if you're willing to put your life on the line," replied Neila, smirking.

Akane frowned at Neila. "You don't have to scare the kid like that," retorted Akane.

Neila glanced at Akane and then glared at the girl. "Look, adventures are not fit for kids like you." She then sat back on her chair. "This isn't your ordinary field trip, y' know."

"I can help," pursued the girl. "I am a Colrior. I am of big help."

Neila snorted before emotionlessly looking at the girl. "You can't even properly wield a Colrior's smallest weapon."

Akane and the girl exchanged glances. "What's a Colrior?" asked Akane with her confused expression.

Amber coughed and placed her fingers on her chin. "Colrior, short term for Colossal Warrior, a warrior who uses 2 to 3-metered weapons and is often advanced in technology. It is the strongest class of Bluetian, followed by a Cyberslasher. Their weapons are commonly swords with thick blades and holders, which are, without a doubt, heavy."

Akane stared at Amber, bamboozled, before looking back at the girl's petite body and eyeing it from head-to-toe.

Neila sighed, rolling her eyes and finally gave up. "Fine. You can come with us, but we won't be there for you at all times since this is an adventure, you know."