『CHAPTER 06』

6: Heart within stones

=0=0=0=0=0=1=1=0=

     They stopped at the dead end. Laine sighed heavily. "We walked all the way here for this?" She complained, stomping her feet before squatting on the ground.

     "I'm almost done with my quest, at least," said Neila after checking her hologram. Amber stared at her in jealousy. "Lucky you."

     Laine stopped whining and slithered towards Neila. "You will help me, right?" She tightly hugged Neila's leg. "Right?"

     Neila remained silent and continued to walk, with Laine hugging her feet. Amber stared at Neila in confusion at her leg strength that can effortlessly drag a person.

     "Wait, where are we going?" asked Amber.

     Neila veered left to an entrance they didn't notice earlier.

• • •

     Akane pressed her stomach, her other hand on the wall. She dodged a charging Stone Golem before slashing it from behind. She continued landing gashes on the Golem till it's [HP] was down to zero. The Stone Golem tragically disappeared, pixelating, making it's [Stone Heart] slightly visible.

     She reached out for the Stone Golem's Heart but, someone's hand was also reaching out for it.

     "This one's mine," said the guy and grabbed the Stone Heart. He quickly distanced himself from Akane.

     Akane groaned and gazed at the guy, with the help of the lights from the pixels, he seems to have black hair, a smile carved on his face.

• • •

     Neila continued walking until she saw Akane standing and an unknown Blaikian guy looking at Akane. "Now that's what I call 'love at first sight," said Amber, smirking.

     Laine freed Neila's leg and stood up.

     Neila looked over to her shoulder, noticing all three paths are leading toward the place they're inside.

     Akane gripped her katana. A series of groans escaped from her mouth. The Blaikian began tossing the Stone Heart up and down.

     "You can either grab this Stone Heart away from me or take my heart." The Blaikian smirked. Akane frowned before charging towards the guy, screaming with hatred.

     "Based on their heartbeats, they won't kill each other," said Neila and turned away. "I'll continue my quest and. ." She froze after stepping on something. "Nevermind, I found the last stone." She picked up the Stone Heart and rested on the ground, leaning on the wall.

     "You go finish your quests," said Neila. Amber nodded and ran away. Laine exhaustingly followed Amber.

     Akane was able to snatch the Stone Heart from the Blaikian because of her speed. Since the Blaikian is fast as well, he snatched back the Stone Heart.