『CHAPTER 10』

10: Hopping Mishaps

10: Hopping Mishaps

=0=0=0=0=1=0=1=0=

     Neila and Krishna sat on a table for four in the eating place of the inn. A Bluetian lady caught Neila's attention. Akane appeared from the entrance then marched toward them.

     Neila gestured to Akane to come closer. "Do you know that woman?" She whispered.

     The Bluetian glanced at them. Akane shrugged. "She seems familiar to me," replied Akane.

     Nero, Raven, Amber, and Laine arrived. Krishna waved at them. Amber and Laine sat down on the remaining seats of Krishna and Neila's table. Nero, Raven, and Akane remained standing.

     "I guess the seating arrangement is the same from the seats of the carriage," said Krishna with her guilty chuckle and scratched her cheek.

     Akane, Nero, and Raven sat on the other table not far from them.

     Akane stared at the Bluetian she saw earlier. The Bluetian casually read the newspaper and drank coffee. It made Akane frown in confusion as she moved her gaze at the coffee. "Coffee at night?" She murmured and looked at the Bluetian, who's now staring at her. Akane instantly looked away.

     The Bluetian stared at Akane a little longer before folding the newspaper and walking toward the stairs.

     A fair-looking maid went to Akane's direction and took their orders. Akane remained baffled by the Bluetian's familiar behavior.

     After they all finished eating, Krishna and Neila left to have a walk while Nero and Raven went outside to climb on a nearby tree.

     "Akane, you sure you're fine by yourself?" asked Laine as she looked at Akane worryingly. Akane nodded.

     Amber and Laine left and went to a nearby fishpond, poking at the waters.

     Akane sighed and went upstairs. The Bluetian she saw earlier exited a room near theirs. She looked down while walking towards their room.

     "Lonutaminosi." The Bluetian whispered the moment they slid past each other. Akane frowned in confusion, unsure of what she heard.

     She went inside their room and walked towards the balcony. Nero and Raven were visible in her view, who are hanging on the trees like monkeys. Laine chases a frog while Amber is chasing Laine.

     "Where did that Ruby Necklace come from?" asked a girl from the balcony above. "Oh, it's from a friend." Another girl replied. They started giggling.

     "I wonder who that friend is."

     Their voices went fainter as they marched toward the room. Akane was bothered. She remained in deep thinking to know what bothered her.