『CHAPTER 11』

11: Sail close to the wind

=0=0=0=0=1=0=1=1=

     Akane stopped running by a stall selling masks. She opened her [Contreroller], scanned through her contacts, and dialed Neila. Her breathing was still not stable.

     [Keep quiet, bastards--- Hey Akane] Neila said as she fixes her camera. Laine peered over from the background.

     [Akane! Come here! We're flying sky lanterns! You have to witness this!] shrieked Laine, almost deafening Neila and Akane. Amber glanced at them from behind. [Akane, where are you?]

     Akane roamed her gaze around to look for something familiar. "I have. .no idea."

     Laine snorted, making Neila glare at her before turning back to Akane. [Make sure you don't get lost.]

     "I can't promise that but, okay," replied Akane. The call ended. She sighed, looked up at the starry sky, and closed her eyes for a moment.

     "I have to get back at them." She whispered under her breath before deciding to walk around and make her way to look for them, also to avoid encountering the cryptic shadow.

• • •

     Raven made his way into the room and sat on the bottom bunk. He turned to his side and carefully observed Krishna sleeping behind him. Krishna's hands began to illuminate, frightening Raven a little.

     The gleaming gradually disappeared as Krishna moaned and shifted her sleeping position, but she remained asleep.

     Raven was baffled and stared at her for a few more minutes. He slowly moved his hand to sweep away Krishna's strands of hair covering her face and frowned.

     Obnoxious circle patterns began appearing on Krishna's skin and stinging Raven's hand, making him flinch away from her and quickly stood up and moved away from her.

     Raven's heartbeat went faster as he intently stared at Krishna shifting her position again, but this time her eyebrows were tightly crossed as she began moaning in pain.

• • •

     Currently in a dream state, Krishna sees an unfamiliar series of codes circulating her, and looks up to see a massive floating sphere with countless numbers acting as its rings.

     As she continued to look around, she caught sight of a silhouette of a feminine stature having luminous white hair extending until her knees standing not quite far from Krishna.

     Blue lights appeared on the silhouette's face, streaming down like the unstoppable flow of a river.

     "Save me. ." whispered the silhouette in a trembling, audibly scared voice and reached out her hand to Krishna.