『CHAPTER 14』

14: Snow Courier

14: Snow Courier

=0=0=0=0=1=1=1=0=

     The seven of them gathered in their room inside the inn. They had arguments and are exchanging suggestions about the issue. "We're going to live life the hard way," said Raven, shrugging.

     "So you're saying, Tarchannen from the Order found Nero, Akane and Azul?" asked Neila. "Yes," answered Raven. "Also, that girl has a weird accent," he added.

     "And Akane, you don't have the ability of [Advertency]?" asked Neila and turned to look at Akane. Akane nodded.

     "This is a big problem," said Raven. "If we're on the wanted list, we'll have ourselves change appearances before we go to Neucentre," he continued.

     "I didn't know your brain works well," commented Neila and smirked. "If a police failed to catch you but saw your face, won't you take this chance to change your appearance?"

    Neila uttered a tsk. "I didn't think I would agree to your point," she said, avoiding Raven's eyes.

     "I didn't know that talking about the 'real world' could change the whole game," murmured Krishna under her breath.

     Akane looked down. "We can't blame them," said Akane and laid on the bunk bed. "Maybe the topic is a taboo." she continued.

     "Well, how are we going to check out by dawn? You heard Azul, right? We are wanted. Those bastards from the Order won't spare a second in finding us," said Nero, slightly raising his voice. After realizing what he did, he looked down. "Sorry."

     "Didn't Tarchannen say six of us? Could it be that the Order hasn't identified one of us yet?" said Akane and looked at Nero. "He said three, Me, You, and Azul, right?" She continued. Nero nodded.

     "And when Raven showed his ugly face, he shot a dagger at him," added Nero. Raven narrowed his eyes. "Hey!" he exclaimed.

     They went silent for a few seconds and pondered. "I'll be the one to check us out from the inn," offered Krishna.

     Neila looked at her. "A person called Tarchannen and ordered him to leave," said Akane. Her eyes slowly widened the longer she stared at the floor. "After Krishna appeared," she continued.

     "Perhaps that guy has an unfinished business with you. It seems you're one in those six people," said Neila. "Then, who's the last one?" asked Raven.

     "We can't be sure if there are only six infected people," said Neila. "I believe in the [Real World]. Laine and Amber too. All of us have the Virus," she continued.

     "We're seven, if added with Azul, that counts as eight!" said Raven, frowning. "Umm. I don't know how to say this, but. ." said Akane, hesitating. The others turned to her direction.