Chapter 11

"Lex this week has been the best thing ever!" I squealed into the phone and he chuckled in response.

"The job went well then?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

"Absolutely! Everyone is so nice, some of the officers tried to hit on me but they were a bit to-"

"Look at me I'm a cop?" He finished for me and I laughed.

"Precisely." I responded, smiling ridiculously. "I know it's only been a week but I honestly think that this job is going to work out. I'm finally gonna tell my parents."

"About that..." He drawled and I gasped.

"Alexander Luthor you did not tell my parents." I scoffed into the phone. " I cannot believe you! I told you not to tell them!" I was now yelling at him though the speakers of my car on the way to work. It was currently Friday, one more day and I've officially finished my first week at the GCPD.

"I'm sorry! I just got really excited for you and your mum asked me if I'd spoken to you lately and you know I can't keep secrets from mum." He had grown to calling my mum his mum, she acted as if he was her son anyway and the way we had grown up it only seemed fitting.

"Leeeexxxxxx" I whined. "I wanted to tell them!"

"Then you should have told them first." He stated matter of factly.

"I'll keep that in mind next time I have any type of news. You will be the very last to know." I retorted, pouting even though he couldn't see me.

"We both know mum would tell me straight away." He wasn't wrong.

"I swear she likes you more than me." I stopped at a red light, his laugh sounding through the car speakers.

"I'm the successful child she wished she had." He taunted me playfully and I could imagine the smirk on his face.

"That's only cause you're her boss, she basically has to like you." I rolled my eyes.

"You totally just rolled your eyes at me." He accused and I laughed at him.

"Psh no!" I argued back but he knew me way too well

"You so did." He chuckled. "Well I'll let you get back to it working girl." He made fun of me.

"Hey you better watch out Luthor, I'm taking top spot for favourite child."

"I'm not the one fighting someone who isn't even my blood sibling to get favourite child." My jaw dropped, did he just?

"You know what? I don't have time for this abuse." I hung up the phone in mock anger. I had pulled into my usual car spot anyway.

Lex:
Sorry darling, sometimes the truth hurts... Have a good day, don't get fired.

I laughed to myself on the way into the GCPD, typing my reply.

Alice:
We can't all live in the lavish world of make believe, now I have work to do. Not everyone can play basketball in the middle of their work day.

I put my phone back in my pocket, greeting the officers that usually hung around the entrance and saying hi to Harvey. He was looking as serious as always but greeted me joyfully all the same.

"Looking good Morelle." Tom stated, looking me up and down.

"One of us has to." I replied, sickly sweet. He was one of the only officers that I actually disliked, he had no respect for anyone and he treated Edward horribly.

"Well, someone is in an incredibly snappy mood this morning." He joked, resting a hand on my waist that I immediately pried off.

"Oh no." I stepped back. "I reserve that specifically for you." With that I walked away from him, leaving Harvey in stitches.