Chapter 28

Ed's POV:

I needed to get her back. I promised myself that I wouldn't do anything irrational and that I would let her make her choice feely but the sharp pain I felt in my chest was enough to convince me otherwise. Besides, the romantic novels I'd been forced to study in high school all said that if you truly loved someone nothing you did was crazy. My mind raced with suggestions on how to get her back before he finally decided to show up.

"You've blown it this time buddy." He looked infuriated.

"I suppose I have you to thank for that hm?" I spat in response but he simply chuckled.

"Don't even try to blame me for what you've done. We could have had her all to ourselves if we did it my way." He stated his tone laced with venom.

"And keep her against her will? That would've worked so well! I'm sure she would definitely love us then!" I retorted with sarcasm dousing my words.

"It's called Stockholm Syndrome Eddie, ever heard of it?" I felt my blood boil at his suggestion.

"How dare you? You claim to be fond of her but suggest her mental undoing?" I exclaim, genuinely shocked at his words. We stood face to face in my living room, I'd requested the rest of the day off and no one cared to notice me anyway.

"It's better than not having her at all!" He fired back but I shook my head in disgust.

"I'd rather her be happy without me than unhappy with me." I state, a tone of finality in my words. He rolls his eyes and pretends to yawn before responding.

"Is that your pathetic attempt at being poetic? You should stick to riddles, trust me." I ignored his snide remark as I made myself some tea to calm down. "Just think of all the things she could be doing without us, it wouldn't be hard for a girl like her to find a man willing to take our place. It's a miracle we had her in the first place." I tapped my fingers on the counter in an attempt to keep my composure.

"If she wishes to see other people that is her choice." My lips were in a firm line and I kept my gaze on the teapot.

"Imagine her being with someone else, another man's hands on her body, someone that doesn't treat her nearly as good as we did. Imagine her creating new pictures, new memories with someone else, someone more attractive, more confident more-"

"Enough!" I exploded, my chest heaving and my hair falling into my face. "I will not put up with your antics any longer!" He smirks in return.

"You won't have to." He states simply before my head feels faint and I can feel my limbs slowly become repossesed by his sinister intentions. "That's better! Now let's see what our busy bee is up to." I tried with every fibre in my body to stop him from taking over my body but his determination trumped mine a thousand times over. I was slowly being pushed into the dark crevices of my mind, forced to watch whatever atrocities he was going to commit in my absence.

"Don't hurt her, please don't hurt her." I screamed from the dark abyss of my mind.

"Oh I won't." He mumbles to himself, well to me I suppose.