Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction

thankyou for all teh support on this story!!! I'm am overjoyed that people love it and I cant thank y'all enough for all that you've done. Thank you guys so, so much!

Danica's and Amber's dresses to the side >>>>>

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!

<3

~KC Blares

************************************************************************************

Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction

Damon’s P.O.V.

“Dan, how far did Ben say to go out?” I asked carelessly, feeling the soil sink between my toes as we walked through the woods, not even two miles deep.

“He doesn’t want us going out more than three miles,” he informed, staring around intensely, surveying the area for rogues. I was starting to get sick of their scent lingering on my territory. After spending a full night breathing in that stank I was about ready to chase them away any moment, but I knew I would just be setting myself up for trouble, either from the rogues or from the Council. They’d say, there’s a reason wolves hunt in packs, you know. I can’t even remember how many times I’ve heard my parents tell me that.

“And tell me again why he doesn’t want us shifting?” I sighed, annoyed that I was walking through the woods in only a pair of shorts just in case I needed to shift, Dan the same.

“Because our scents aren’t as strong in human form. He doesn’t want the Rogues to detect us just in case we get too close,” he stated like he’s explained it a hundred times. I rolled my eyes in irritation.

“Clearly he doesn’t trust us then,” I muttered, guessing that he thought we’d be stupid enough to get close to their den in our wolf forms. Dan just made a hum sound that meant he was barely listening anymore, aiming his attention towards his senses. As a friend, Dan was decent, but as a Beta, he was extremely useful. His senses were more heightened compared to that of the average werewolf and came in extremely handy.

“Tell me, Damon,” Dan glanced over towards me. “What do you have to gain by bringing KC lower than you brought her five years ago?” he questioned casually, like he was starting a conversation about the weather.

“Go to hell,” I remarked, not caring enough to even continue the pointless topic. Dan chuckled as a smirk played on his lips.

“You could use a mate like KC,” Dan continued anyway, ignoring the hard glare I threw at him. “She’d know how to put you back in line,” he grinned in my direction before adding, “And in more ways than one.” I looked at him curiously, not seeing what he was trying to get at.