Alex Galchenyuk - 5 years

Requested
"okay?" Alex asks as we walk into the room full WAGs while the guys were outside.

The wags from my point of view were like the popular girls and I was like the freshman on there first day. Main point is that I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Plus I don't really think they like me. I mean after all I'm the youngest, and I'm dating a guy that is 5 years older then me.

"Babe, are you alright?" Alex asks as we walk into the Pacioretty house.

"Yeah, just tired is all." I reply quickly.

As we enter the house to get to the back yard, I feel the stares of some of the WAGs as I walk with Alex.

"Are you sure your okay? you seem really tense." Alex says.

"Yeah, I'm good just a bit tired."

"Okay, I'm gonna go hang out with the guys okay?" He asks

"Yeah, okay." I reply very unsure of what I would do without him with me.

"How about you go spend time with the other girls?" Alex says looking into the kitchen where the girls were standing, drinking and talking.

"Umm....okay." I reply timidly walking over to the group of older girls. This caused them to murmur amongst themselves. This only made me more self conscious.

"Hello." I said as I entered the kitchen.

No one replies they just keep murmuring.

Thankfully my phone rings. So I quickly exit the room and walk out front.

"Hello," I answer the phone.

"Hey, how's it going?" My best friend asks.

"I definitely don't fit in. I mean in 18, and not a model like everyone else." I reply looking at my shoes.
"I'm sure your just nervous." She says

"I'm not nervous, I'm out of place. I shouldn't of come with Alex. I should of just stayed home." I reply quickly my eyes still focused on my shoes my breathing speeding up.

"Why did you go then?" She asks quickly.

"Because, Alex asked and you know I feel bad if I can't do something with him. I mean, I don't want him to not have fun or to feel bad, I also don't want to be a burden you know?" I ask with tears welling in my eyes.

"I understand, maybe just tell him." She suggests

"Its not as easy as just telling him. For god sakes these people are his family. I'm not just gonna say 'oh Alex I feel left out and hated because I'm 18, not a model and 5 years younger then you', I'm not gonna say that. I don't want to cause any problems for him. I mean, he's one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He's respectful, sweet, thoughtful, funny, and overall a great guy. I'm not gonna take the chance of losing him just because I'm over sensitive or feel left out." I say a tear running down my face.

"Okay, do you need me to say I need you over so you can leave?" She asks.

"No, it's just two hours. I'm sure I can survive." I reply wiping the tear streak.

"Okay, just text me if you need me to tell Alex I need you pronto okay?" She says.

"Okay, your the best. Thanks" I say hanging up as I hear the front door start to open.

"Babe, the foods ready." Alex says

"I'm not that hungry." I reply lightly.

"Okay, what's going on?" Alex asks closing the door behind him and walking over to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask trying to act dumb.

"You are always hungry around this time of day. You have barely said two words since we got here. Plus your eyes are a lighter color, which means you feel vulnerable." He explains walking closer to me so we were only inches away from each other. His light blue eyes starting back into mine, searching for an answer.

"Nothing, I'm good. Just tired is all."

"If you were tired, then your eyes would be grey, not light blue. Plus, your eyes would be drooping." He explains lightly. His Russian accent showing even more.

"I'm okay, I will talk to you about it later okay." I reply not meeting his icy blue eyes.

"Alright, but we are talking about this later." He says softly yet firmly.

"You should probably go eat before the food is all gone." I reply giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You should too." He says rubbing his thumb along my cheek, cupping my jaw with the same hand.

"I'm not hungry."

"You should still eat something. Even if it's just a bite of hotdog. You need to eat." He says kissing my forehead.

"I'll eat later."

"No babe, you need to eat otherwise you will pass out." He says putting his hand on my waist, dropping his other one.

"Okay." I reply reluctantly.

——/——-/———-/———–/——/

"Tell me what's wrong." Alex says as we walk into the house.

"It doesn't matter."

"If it makes you feel vulnerable, then obviously it matters." He says as he sit on the couch, with him on one end and me on the other.

"It's stupid."

"I don't care if it's stupid. It bothers you, so I need to know." He says as he lifts me into his lap.

"Why did you choose me?" I ask messing with my hands which were placed in my lap.

"What?" Alex asks shocked, while turning me around so I am facing him, my legs on the outside of his.

"Why did you choose me? You could of chosen someone your age, or a model, or some pretty Russian girl. So why me?" I ask not meeting his eyes, instead picking invisible lint off of my shirt.

"I chose you because your sweet, you care, your not interested in me for my money, you always cheer me up. Plus you put up with my teammates and my shitty moods." He says while lifting my chin and looking into my eyes lovingly.

Hearing this I just fidget. Turning my head so I'm not looking at him, but the wall.

"Tell me what's wrong." He says turning my face with his thumb and pointer finger.

"I don't fit in. I mean I'm 18. I'm a plain girl from a middle class family. They all think I'm just here for the money. They don't even acknowledge me. I mean I'm immature compared to all of them. They can all drink and have adult girls nights out. While I can barely legally live on my own." I reply not meeting his eyes.

"What do you mean by 'they'?" He asks

"The other WAGs. They hate me."

"Is that why you never go to any team event? Because you think they hate you?"

"There is no thinking Alex, they do." He just chuckles and shakes his head.

"Babe, they don't hate you. It's what they do to every new WAG it's like an initiation thing to see if the girl stays with us." He chuckles.

"What?"

"It doesn't matter to them that your 18. It was just an initiation kinda thing. Okay?" Alex asks kissing me softly and slowly.

"You mean I freaked out for nothing?" I ask against his lips.

"Pretty much." He says, pulling me closer to him while kissing me.

And guess what? He was right, the girls even told me about it. Guess it was just an initiation.