Chapter 23 ✨

Recap

"Fine then I'll have to take you three myself!"

Sakura pulled out some shuriken and I quickly took out some light blue crystal kunai's

"Bring it on ugly!"

______________

The Naruto Imposter who was now in his actual form revealed himself, then sprinted towards us at a fast speed. Sasuke and Sakura jumped away but I stood there with a frown on my face. " How annoying! Crimson fruit!" I yelled holding up the ram sign with my hands.

Before he even took a step further a giant glittering red crystal encased me, successfully protecting me from the outside world.

His kunai hit the crystal but it bounced back almost hitting him, and there wasn't even a scratch on the crystal!

"Fire Style Phoenix flower jutsu!" Sasuke yelled from above us. The guy obviously surprised, barely dodged each fire ball.

He met with Sasuke and they clashed kunai's. I quickly released my jutsu causing it to disperse in shimmering pieces.

At least my justus are pretty!

I joined ran towards Sasuke and the guy seeing that there was a huge explosion on the tree that Sasuke fell out of. Ugh, wheres Naruto and Sakura!?

"Hand over the scroll or you die." They guy said holding a kunai to Sasuke's throat.

Oh hell no.

"Not on my watch!" I yelled from above throwing a crystal kunai at the guy, he dodged it and left Sasuke who was kneeling on the floor. Perfect.

Sasuke picked up the kunai and threw it upwards towards our enemy who sadly dodged it again.

I leant back against a tree closely observing Sasuke's fight with the enemy. Hm I see he's using the sharingan. Suddenly Naruto appeared with a loud entrance and threw a kunai at the enemy. Instead, Sasuke caught the kunai and used it to stab the guy. He also started yelling at Sakura who. . . Well wasn't doing anything.

The guy ran away and I quickly jumped down from the high branch I was on, landing next to Sakura and Sasuke.

"Yeesh Sasuke there's blood all over your face." I said slightly cringing at the sight of his sharingan with blood all around him.

I feel like Sasuke doesn't fit the psycho look.

"Haru, that big red crystal around you. What was it?" He asked while looking around us.

"That's crimson fruit, my most used jutsu so far." I said with a smile.

"Can it be used on opponents?" He asked and I nodded. "Of course it can. I've used it for defensive purposes but I can easily use it to trap someone else." I explained.

"Good to know."

__________________________

"That proves that we can't just trust appearances, we have to come up with a way of knowing each of us is who we say we are." Sasuke said looking in deep thought

"So what like a code?" I asked and Sasuke nodded. "Exactly."

"Something known only to the three of us, a secret password, and dont tell anyone who doesn't know it."

"Alright come up with it then." I said and we waited in a quick silence before Sasuke spoke up.

"Okay listen closely because I'm only gonna say this once. The code will be 'when does a ninja strike?' And the response is 'a ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapon lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.' Got it?"