Part 56 ✨

I bring my right hand up to my chest and clutch the blue crystal wrapped around my neck. My eyes stare blankly out the mansions grand window, waiting for the grey clouds to finally let our their cries so that the rain would come down.

I sigh and trudge away from my window, quickly stripping myself from the white oversized shirt I would wear to sleep. I sit down in my closet and lazily pick a random black dress with the Senju clan crest in the back.

I quickly learned that being apart of the Senju clan means having to look presentable even when you don't want to, you also tend to be considered royalty to a certain degree. Ugh!

I take off my glove revealing my tattooed hand and sigh, the guilt is eating me alive. "You look like you want to die Haru." Isamu comments before walking into my closet and curling up around my leg.

I arch a brow and look down at him "I'm okay, okay as anyone in my position would be right now." I reason softly.

"Would that mean not okay at all?"

"..."

"Okay anyways, c'mon we don't wanna be late! The last thing we wanna do is draw attention to ourselves at the funeral." Isamu quickly says as he walks back into my room from the closet to get rid of the awkward tensions.

I click my tongue and tie my hair up in a high ponytail. "Alright good enough." I say to myself before grabbing my leaf headband and walking out the room, Isamu following closely behind.

"Let's get this over with."

••••••••

"Did I come overdressed?" I ask with a sweat drop when I see what the rest of my team is wearing. Kakashi sensei takes a look at my dress and smiles "You look fine Haru." I nod with a small smile that easily diminishes when I see Sakura's eye twitch in my direction.

"What's wrong?" I ask cringing away from her upcoming fist in advance.

"Even Kakashi sensei came earlier than you!" She says refraining herself from punching me upside the head. I slump my shoulders down as purplish blue lines frame around my head.

"Alright Sakura I think Haru's had it bad enough, just let it slide." Kakashi sensei says patting my head and nearly messing up my perfect ponytail. I swat his hand away, that's when I notice Naruto who's eyes are cast directly on the floor.

I take in a sharp breath and make my way over to him, softly putting my arm around his shoulder. "How you holding up Naru?" I ask as I begin leading him up to the hokage's roof where the ceremony would be held.

He smiles sadly, yet still not looking up at me. "I've been better Haru-chan." I squeeze his shoulder in comfort as I relish in my own thoughts.

This all happened way too quickly.

••memories••

"And you little one! The one with the white hair, what do you want to be when you grow up?" The old man hokage asks as I happily sit in the front row of Iruka sensei's class next to Sasuke.

I pout at him as I was thinking, a habit I had when I was younger. What do I wanna be when I grow up? I smile at the hokage revealing my dimples "I dunno, I just wanna meet my mommy!" I say, too young to notice the hokage's happy and curious eyes turn sad.
••
"Sasuke, no way the hokage's strong. He's like a thousand years old!" I claim earning a big shake of the head from my uchiha friend. "Noo Haru! Itachi-Nii told me that the hokage is the strongest person ever!" Sasuke claims jutting up his chin as if he'd won the conversation.