A New Relationship!

Arnav POV
I opened my eyes. And a beautiful sight welcomed me. My head was in Khushi's lap. Big chocolate brown eyes filled with worry stared back at me. Even if today is my last day in this world I will die a blissful death. So close to my love.
But pretty soon reality dawned on me. My surroundings made me aware of our situation.

Khushi POV
"Are you okay...Arnavji?" I asked him or rather whispered.
"I am alright. But are you ok? Did they hurt you?" His tone was full of worry.
"I am fine. These people are planning something big. They want to hurt the CM. We need to do something. But they have forced all of us, at gunpoint. We need to do something...we have to..."

"No Khushi!...dont even think about it. Its dangerous. You wont do a thing. One wrong move and they will kill you. I cannot afford to loose you...you will not do a thing....do you understand what I am saying...you wont.." he practically ordered me. It felt like old times. Memories resurfaced. A complete blast from the past.

"Nothing has changed much...you still don't trust me?" I smile wryly.

He looked at me totally horrifed for a minute.
"No Khushi...No..No..thats not it. I do trust you. Believe me I DO. Its just the situation we are in right now. Please understand. We are in immense danger. I am not worried for me. Its you. And I have already lost you...due to my ego and anger. Your life is too important for me. I promise to listen to your idea. But let me see if its full proof or not. We need a backup plan as well. I am all ears. Tell me whats on your mind."

3o minutes later.

Arnav POV
"They did not take my phone. Since I was unconscious. I will press the call button. The police will pick up the call soon. You do your part now. Okay?"
She smiled assuring me. I felt bad for making her feel as if she was untrustworthy in my eyes. My earlier actions have already caused so much trouble in our lives. I will think before doing anything this time.
She started her act, after my signal.

"Excuse me. Please can you allow us to eat something. We are already in the kitchen area. I will serve the food to everyone. I was managing the catering service here. All of us are very hungry. I know you are here in this Bluemoon Hotel party to kill the CM. You have already made us your hostage. Please everyone here is very scared. Allow us to eat. You can have some too." Khushi said all this with so much emotions in her voice, that the man guarding the door of the kitchen simply noded.

The call was still running. The police must have heard what she said. With that she started serving. I winked at her to make her understand that her plan worked. After months of pain and tears. For the first time I saw a beautiful red blush on her cheeks. That red-hue and wide eyes made me smile after so long. I missed you Khushi. I missed you so damn much.

Khushi POV
For the first time I saw trust in Arnavji's eyes for me. And it made me happy. His trust on me. What I had desired for so long has come true finally. When I discussed my idea with him, he actually listened to me. And did not dismiss me like usual. The change was surprising to see. But nonetheless, I focused on the task in hand. I was able to convince the guard man to allow everyone the chance to eat. I thanked my luck for being an awesome cook. The aroma of my food was a good enough bait for my plan to work.
I started serving everyone. And made a plate for myself and Arnavji.
He smirked at me when I brought only one plate for the both of us.

"I thought it would be easier to eat from one plate. If you want I can get you another one?" I started to get up when he held my wrist gently, for the first time. I gasped, feeling his touch after so long.
"It is alright Khushi. Is it so bad to share a plate with me?" He asked in a small voice.
"No. I never said that." I replied.
Both of us ate together, while stealing glances at one another.

A commotion somewhere nearby brought me back from my sleep. It was almost midnight and somehow I had fallen asleep on Arnavji's shoulder. He was staring at me with a finger on his mouth, trying to tell me to keep quiet.
After a few minutes policemen barged inside. They knocked out the guard man and helped everyone to vacate the room.

"All of you are safe. Please come outside. And there is a team of doctors waiting here for you all. They will attend you all. Mr Arnav Singh Raizada, thank you for informing us about this danger. We and every citizen of Lucknow are proud of your goodwork." One of the inspectors said.

"Then I guess you should thank this brave lady over here inspector. Since it was her idea to help everyone. She is the real hero. Khushi Kumari Gupta Sin...I mean Khushi." He gestured towards me.

After a while I made sure that the doctors treated Arnavji's wound. Although it was not a huge cut but still as I recall, it was enough to have him pass out on me.

Arnav POV
The nurse was dressing my wound. But my eyes were on Khushi. Who inturn was watching every movement of the nurse. She still cared. One could see that easily. I had to ask Khushi...what I have been wanting to ask for a few days now. I hope the answer is in my favor.

"Khushi.." I called her name softly.

"Yes Arnavji." She said hesitantly.

"I know I have no right to ask this. But...this time everything will happen in the correct manner." I said.

"What do you mean..."

"Will you be my....friend? Can we start this relationship of trust? We could be good friends. What do you think? You do not have to give an answer immediately. Think about it...take your time. I will wait however long you take to decide."

There I said it.