My Heart Belongs to You!

Though we're apart,
You're in my heart.
Sweet memories....
Keep haunting me,
And deep in my soul,
I know you're mine,
And my heart Belongs to you. (A.R.Rehman)

Arnav POV
If anyone would have said yesterday that today Khushi will say yes to my proposal I would have laughed on his face. But there is a vast difference between yesterday and today. If yesterday was full of desperation then today everything is at peace. This is life. You never know whats gonna happen next.
And thats how I felt. In this moment.
After practically pouring out our feelings for one another we were now leaving my office. Holding her hand in mine, sharing quick glances for reassurance and smiling like an idiot I walked down the stairs with Khushi.
On the other hand my soon to be wife is all red and shy, watching this side of hers is quiet pleasant to the eyes.

"Ma'am, my duty is over. I have to leave now. Here are your bags."
The voice of my security guard brought me out of my daze. He was handing over 2 bags to Khushi.
"No problem. Thanks a lot for keeping them here with you." Khushi replied to him.
I took the bags from her. But I was curious to know about them.

"Khushi these bags...?"
"Actually, Arnavji....I came via the morning train from Lucknow. And as soon as I arrived, I was desperate to see you. So I simply rushed from the station to your office." She replied with a smile.
"But why Khushi?!?....you should have told me, I would have booked flight tickets for you. Why take so much trouble?" I said anxiously.
"Arnavji, I am fine. And informing you would have spoilt my surprise. Also travelling through train has its perks. One gets to talk and chat to many. And people are very polite too." Her eyes went all wide making me melt, with all the love I have for her.
"And I loved your surprise Khushi. Believe me...I will celebrate this day for the rest of our lives. The day when you accepted me back in your life." I informed her with pride.
"Well there are many days that I would love to celebrate too. Like the one when we met for the first time. It was very filmy. Remember you were glaring at me like you wanted to eat me alive. You should have smiled at me. And I would have blushed..." she got busy in her thoughts.
I laughed at her words. She is too cute.
"Oh really?...well ofcourse we should celebrate it. It was the first time that you fell in my arms. And as far as glaring you is concerned, Khushi...a beautiful woman like you dropped in my arms with big doe eyes and shivering red lips. I did want to eat you alive. I wish I had acted like I really wanted to. I wanted to make you mine that very moment. Too filmy right?" I asked with my signature smirk.

Khushi POV
Oh my I can handle an angry ASR. But this man makes me all red like a tomato when he shows his naughty side. He..he wanted to make me his. Thats why he was glaring at me...oh Devi Maiyya...I was wrong so wrong.
His smirk was killing me. Dhak Dhak is back in full-swing!!!
"I..I...I meant...you...you are..." I stuttered like an idiot.
"What am I...Khushi?" He asked looking at me intensely.
"Dont do that...dont look at me like that...my acidity and dhak dhak is back now...all because of you." I accused him looking everywhere but at him.
He came close to me, I had to shut my eyes to avoid his intense looks. I felt his husky voice in my ears.
"Be prepared Khushi...because this dhak dhak of yours will only increase with time."
With that he walked away casually towards the parking area.

I quickly followed him and pretty soon we started our journey.
"Khushi I will drop you to Gupta house. I am sure they must be worried about you." He said softly.
"No!" I practically shouted at him.
"Khushi...why...whats wrong..?"
"Arnavji...please stop the car." I said. And he immediately stopped. He could see how tense I looked.
"Tell me Khushi...I can sense that something is very wrong. Why dont you want to go to Gupta House. Something happened?" He took my hands in his. His eyes begging for answers.

"Arnavji. I lived with my family for 10 years. And tried everything to make them happy. They meant the world for me. But apart from my Babuji nobody actually accepted me as their daughter. But still I never bothered to feel bad about it. Just having a family to call mine was enough. Still Buaji taunted me for breaking Jeeji's first marriage. And nobody stopped her. Yet again on the day we got married she taunted me as bad blood. Being adopted is not a crime Arnavji. And my own sister my Jeeji for whom I went to such great lengths to ensure that she gets her happiness...she too made me the culprit of all her problems. They failed time and again...when it came to trusting me.
I have forgiven them. I dont hold grudges for long. But I cannot forget their betrayal. No matter what... a family never stops supporting their loved ones. And mine never loved me. I wont go back to that house Arnavji."

Arnav POV
My Khushi had to face so much at such a young age. I did unforgiveable things to her. Still my family never left me. And in her case her family abandoned my girl without a second thought. An angel like her who should have been pampered every second of every day went through hell, for no reason.
"Khushi I know we are not married yet. But we will be getting married soon enough. Why dont you come to my house. Thats your future home. You can stay there. We can have our wedding rituals. And you can take the guest room. I would feel comfortable as well. What do you say?" I asked her waiting for an answer.

"Arnavji...thank you for the offer, but sorry. I cant go back to Shantivan. It will be very difficult for me. Its too soon.going over there and..." I interrupted her in the mid sentence.

"Khushi when I said my house I meant Parilok. We moved to another house 2 days ago. Di named it Parilok, as a gift for her daughter. And I thought that moving to a new place would be better. I know...I know what you went through. Shantivan will only bring bad memories for you. And I dont want you to feel like that ever again. This time everything will be perfect. I promise." I hugged her with assurance. Caressing her hair. After all she is my family now.

"In that case I will come to Parilok with you. Afterall, it is my marital home now." She smiled shyly at her own words. And I nodded, in agreement.
"Exactly...soon to be Mrs. Raizada." I winked at her.
"Laad governer...." she muttered getting all flustered. And I took my time driving to our destination. But did not forget to text Di about Khushi's arrival. She will kill me if I dont let her welcome my girl with proper rituals.

P.S. Guys do read my new OS Deewana Tera. I wrote that when I was extremely sick. It turned out quiet well I think.