Being your friend!

Khushi POV
Even though you dont get the chance, to meet each other every day, or to gossip about your whereabouts, orelse to simply vent out your problems, but still there are times when a few words from them can give you a new optimistic approach towards life. And by them I mean your friends.
And that is what I agreed to be with Arnavji...friends.

Flashback
"Will you be my....friend? Can we start this relationship of trust? We could be good friends. What do you think? You do not have to give an answer immediately. Think about it...take your time. I will wait however long you take to decide."

"Arnavji....I...I dont know what..."

"Its alright. Take your time. Listen to your heart. If you think I deserve to be your friend let me know. If you feel like texting me your reply....you can. I am heading to my hotel. Do you want me to drop you somewhere?"

"Ok I will think about it...and thank you, but I came in my catering service van. Its waiting for me. Be safe. Bye."

"Take care. Bye"

Arnavji texted me a few days ago that he was on his way to Delhi. Sometimes certain things tend to surprise you. Me and Arnavji were never the ones to message one another. Neither for official nor for personal stuff. It was all about calling one another. But exchanging a few words here and there, has its own fun. I have got to know more about Arnavji in this week than I did in last one year. If today someone will check my inbox...then my message history will make them laugh out loud. I saved most of Arnavji's messages in a separate folder.

I called Aman today, after scolding him for 5 long minutes regarding an important deal I realized that his girlfriend answered the call since Aman was in shower. I think I traumatized her for life Khushi.

Hehe, poor Amanji, he deserves a bonus and long vacation. And I can sympathize with his girlfriend too. She must be having nightmares.

I tried to change my flat tyre using your gift, you remember that book you gifted me? The drivers manual. I tried really hard. But could not read more than a page. And the grease marks on my shirt and face made everyone smile at home today. That is the only good thing that happened .

I cannot stop laughing. Trying to imagine Laad Governer huffing and puffing for a tyre is hilarious. I wish I could see the grease marks on his face. Mechanic Singh Raizada.

Today Aakash caught me in the office, I was watching a video of how to prepare Jalebis for beginners. He came to collect a file but laughed out loud on my face and walked away. Whats so funny about it? I was just curious Khushi.

I kept laughing like a maniac while serving lunch in an NGO function. Reena Chachi said I looked beautiful and even recorded a video of it. While reading all his messages I realized what he was doing. He was trying to remember me in his own ways. And was also successful in making me laugh. I have not laughed so openly since long now.

Arnav POV
A friend. I was trying to be a friend. But there was no helpline for it. I had no idea how to be my wife's friend. So I tried to share certain things with her. I started thinking like her. I made new funny memories without her physical presence. But emotionally she was there with me everytime.

And she too shared her moments with me. She also made sure that this friendship brought for both us a sense of peace,for which we were searching for. There was a bank of messages that I had archived in my laptop. They held a special meaning for me now.

I dont understand the mentality of these vegetable vendors, Arnavji. The hike in their rates is very similar to your anger. 1 Kg onions is like buying gold these days. Are you and onion...besties? But in your case there is no question of discount or bargaining right?

Khushi was teasing me in her own cute ways. And I liked it very much. Onions!!!....really now.

Today we packed Mango juices with our lunch for a birthday party. And it reminded me about your shoes Arnavji. Do you know initially I wanted to put it on your laptop. But then I thought I have no right to separate you from your soulmate. So plans were altered slightly.

Hahaha....I could not stop laughing. When I read her text I was sitting with everyone at the breakfast table. Mami thinks I have gone nuts. But Khushi's calling my laptop my soulmate. She is crazy. Am I so into my laptop?

I had a weird dream today. Is Laxmiji in love? Tell me Arnavji? Have you noticed something suspicious about her. In my dream she was getting married. And Naniji was not present anywhere. Maybe she feels the family wont approve. Why dont you talk to her today?

This one made my day. Laxmi is in love? What the..? This girl can drive anyone crazy. I think Hari Prakash went into shock. He came to give me my coffee. And Laxmi came along too. Hahahaha.

Khushi POV
I think having a friend in Arnavji has made me more confident and stronger. To have someone to whom you could turn to anytime is the worlds best feeling. It makes one feel special too. I was so occupied in my thoughts that I almost missed Arnavji's call. Oh Devi maiyya. He is calling me. What should I do? Should I answer? Or not? One look at her smiling face on my table and I made my decision.

"Hello?"

"Hi Khushi..." his husky voice made me shiver involuntarily.

"I thought you would be sleeping at this time?" I asked quietly.

"Not yet. What about you? Did I disturb you? Were you sleeping?"

"Not yet.." I repeated his words.

"Khushi...I..I just wanted to...as a friend...some advice..I..?" He stammered.

"Whats wrong Arnavji? You can share it with me? You call me a friend right?" I said.

"Actually..Khushi I just...It has been months Khushi...Di she has not spoken to me. And I agree nobody should talk to me. After what I did...I dont want to reopen your wounds Khushi. Sorry. You should sleep. I will hang up now." Sadness surrounding his voice.

"Wait!!...dont cut the call. You...you did not...I am ok. We can talk. Arnavji...I dont know what to say. But if you are seeking advice of a friend, then listen to me carefully. If we try really hard...then from our actions and words it is not difficult to show that we are really sorry. If you remember there was a time when everyone ignored me too. But still I did not stop trying. And on the day of Holi things turned for the better. One should not waiver from their goal. And who knows that better than you right?"
After a long pause I heard a deep sigh from the other end.

"You are right. Like always. Thank you Khushi. For being my friend. And one more thing. There is a difference between yours and my situation Khushi. Everyone blamed you for a mistake you never committed. And you still apologized. While I never took the responsibility and the blame. Goodnight, friend."

I gasped and ended the call.