The Rituals continue...

Karan POV
"So basically you are trying to say that this Turmeric is filled with love and blessing. And at the same time it makes one skin glow naturally. Right?" I asked playfully.
"Hehehe....exactly Karanji. This yellow paste can be seen as nothing. Or it can been seen as something extremely precious and meaningful." My Angel repiled.
Anjali was explaining to me the importance of todays ritual. Although Haldi(turmeric) is not something unknown to me, but hearing such words from her, which are full of promises made me happy.

I was planning to continue my questions when Pari started crying. And Anjali was arranging the flowers at the same time. She looked at Pari who was lying on Akash's lap and then to the flowers she was arranging. She was about to leave her work and get up when I stopped her.

"Wait. You sit. Let me hold the little munchkin." I said walking towards Akash and taking Pari in my arms. She looked so cute wearing little mittens in her tiny hands.

"Oh no no. Karanji let me take her. She will bother you unnecessarily. Give her to me." Anjali said.

"Oh come on Anjali. Let me spend sometime with your little girl. And we are friends now... are we not? Dont you trust me?" I asked lightly but was very serious about my question. Her response mattered alot.

"Yes Karanji. Ofcourse we are friends. And anyone would be lucky to have such a jolly friend like you in their lives. I definitely trust you." She stated.
And for the first time I felt content and peaceful. She trusts me....she trusts ME!!

"Alright friend. Then its time for the first rule of friendship. Trust each other and feel free to share your good and bad moments anytime & anywhere...clear?!?" I ordered in a mocking tone.

"Yes Sir!!" She saluted in return. And watched me cuddle Pari with a smile as bright as sunshine.

Khushi POV
"But what happened HPji...?" I asked in a confused tone.
"That I dont know Khushi Bhabhi. But there is an emergency and Arnav baba needs your help urgently." He rushed out of my room with that.
"Oh DM...what if his sugar levels are low? I have to go to his room." I was all ready in my white lehenga for the Haldi function. Di will walk in any time now to call me. But I cannot just leave like that. Come on Khushi everyone is busy with the preparations no one would notice.
With that thought I rushed upstairs to his room. This will be my first time...being in Arnavji's room that is. Since the day I arrived in Parilok I have not seen his room.

And pretty soon I reached his door. Without another thought I knocked his door.
"Arnavji? Are you inside? HPji said it is an emergency." I questioned him.
"Come in.." his voice sounded alright.

I walked inside his room. And there he was sitting on a recliner similar to the one in Shantivan. He was wearing a white kurta. Looking handsome  like always. I quickly rushed towards him.
"Are you alright? Are you feeling dizzy? Is it your sugar level? Answer me Arnavji. Why are you smiling? Am I cracking jokes or something?" I fumed with anger.
"Woahhh. Relax Khushi. I am fine really. My diabetes is fine. And I am smiling because I love it when you get so worried for me. Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand this fact that someone can love me so much." He replied and his eyes were filled with so much love.
"I know. Sometimes I feel like that too. Our love scares me. I cannot even think about loosing you." I said tearfully.

Arnav POV
She is so naive and innocent. And I am lucky to have her in my life.
I walked towards her slowly and hugged her to me.
"Shhh!! Hey...look at me. I am fine nothing is wrong with me. And you are never gonna loose me. We have already been tested by fate multiple times Khushi. But this time Arnav Singh Raizada wont allow even destiny to put a barrier between us. I swear." I sounded tensed and she noticed it too.

"Ok. Now tell me what is the reason you called me. What if Di or Nani noticed that I am not in my room? How will I come up with an excuse huh?"
"Actually I wanted to show you your future room. And I think I am allowed to do that soon to be Raizada." I said firmly.
"Alright but be quick. I have to be downstairs. The ritual will begin soon enough." Khushi said with a smile.

I showed her everything. The special lamp which I ordered, specifically for her to enjoy starry nights and feel closer to my in-laws. A small cupboard with doors attached to the wall with a DM idol in it. A big SalmanKhan poster behind the bedroom door. And most importantly the big spacious balcony with a swing set. This time there was no pool though. I did not want any reminder of the past between us.

"Wow Arnavji. I cannot believe it. My stars, SalmanKhan ji's poster, DM idol, and this big balcony. You know I can actually imagine myself drinking a cup of tea while sitting on the swing. And in the morning when you will leave for office we will even take DM's blessing together. It will be perfect." She said happily. Her voice so bubbly and chirpy.
"This is the welcome you always deserved. Not the one I gave you before....Khushi I..." my voice turning sad.
"Arnavji. Shhh. What did you say a while ago? Yeah relax. Forget about those painful memories. Dont be guilty anymore. Please for me. For us." She said and held my hands in hers.

No I shoud not feel guilty. Khushi deserves all the happiness and I wont destroy it with my guilt.
"I promise. No more feeling guilty. Oh I actually forgot. The emergency for which I called you is....wait a second.." I quickly walked to our bed and picked up a small bowl.
"Khushi you have my name written on your hands. I want you to mark me as well. I want you to be the first one to put haldi on me. Will you do it for me?" I asked while walking towards her.

She smiled and took the bowl from me.
"So where shall I mark you Mr. Raizada?" She asked with a smirk.
Slowly I started opening the buttons of my kurta with a smirk of my own. And poor Khushi turned all red in seconds. She started walking backwards but I grabbed her waist and held her tightly with my arm. She tried to get away from me but the bowl in her hands did not allow her to do so.
"What are you doing Arnavji...? She asked all shy and flustered.

I opened all the buttons of my kurta and pulled it to my left. Uncovering the left side of my chest. She kept looking here and there, trying not to see my chest.
"Put the haldi here Khushi. My soon to be wife has the right to mark me here. This is your rightful place. I am waiting Khushi Kumari Gupta." I said huskily.
She looked up at me and then my partially bared chest. And then slowly she took some paste on her fingers and started applying it on me. And after sometime she smiled shyly, feeling my increased heartbeats.
"Why only I have the right to mark you here?" She asked softly.
"Because you are the owner of this heart. Yeh Dil aur yeh Dhak Dhak tumhari wajah se hi to hai(this heart and its heartbeats is all because of you).

Out of nowhere she kissed me on my cheek loudly and ran away leaving me breathless. I walked back to the wall and when my back touched it, I slided down on the floor feeling blissful.

Later on both Khushi and me had our Haldi ritual. We did not see one another though. Following the customs was important for Khushi and I have to respect her wishes. But there is a loophole in every ritual. Karan came up with the idea of clicking our photos and then shared them with us.
At night all that kept running in my mind was that tomorrow Khushi will become a Raizada forever!!