I Trust You

End of Avengers Assemble

Steve's P.O.V

My hands clenched into fists as I watched him fly up into the pastel blue sky carrying the deadly missile that could destroy the whole city in seconds. I couldn't keep my eyes off him as he went. Especially not after what he said to me before we left. What if he didn't make it back? I would never get to know what he wanted to say me. I acted like such a jerk to him when he needed me.

4hrs ago

"Steve, before we go, I want to talk to you," said Tony and crossed his arms and looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes as he looked at me. Does he really think he can act like such a dick all the time and then all of a sudden act nice to me when he wants something. "What's wrong with you now?"

"Just stop talking to me like you care about me. We all know you don't. You're never nice to me anymore and I don't even know what I did to you," I hissed and I crossed my arms. He looked down at the floor with a surprised expression across his face. His cheeks turned the colours of pink tulips and his big brown puppy eyes filled with tears. "What's the matter? I-I didn't mean to..." he turned his back to me. His hands were shaking and I put my hand on his shoulder but he flicked it off angrily.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I thought I could tell you. You're the only one I wanted to tell, but I guess you don't feel the same. I think I l-," said Tony but he paused. "We should go now, it's time to fight." He walked out of the room to get his iron suit and he didn't look back.

Present

And I never got to hear him finish. He had gotten through to the other side of the universe and  he was gone in seconds and we wouldn't know if he would even come back. We all waited. It felt like I was being punched a hundred times in the stomache. I was nervous and scared for Tony. I wish I had told him I did care for him. For the past few months Tony had been acting differently towards me and sometimes even ignoring me. But I still cared about him and I know he really does care for all of us. If anyone knows him best, it's Natasha. She's always telling me he's had a rough year but none of us know what's going on. 

"We need to close it," said Natasha through coms.

"No! No! He's not back yet," I cried. "Give it a second." She slowly started to close it and the wait was killing me. I just wanted to see that red and gold metal suit with him in it. I had my fingers crossed and then it closed. I bowed my head thinking he was gone.

 "He made it!" yelled Thor. I saw him. He had made it out and I fell on the concrete path with a smile. "He's not stopping!". I jumped up in a heartbeat as I watched him falling uncontrollably. I couldn't think straight, just the thought of losing him was going through me over and over again. As he was getting closer to the ground the Hulk, who was hanging off a building, grabbed him in his arms and then placed him down in front of me. I ripped off his helmet and his eyes were shut. I put my hand on his cold cheek and then Natasha came running over and she put her hand on my shoulder.

"CPR!" she cried.

"I can't! He's in armour!" I said. She raised her eyebrows at me and she pushed my head into his and I breathed three times and then his eyes slowly opened. Everyone cheered when he slowly started to sit up with a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry," I whispered to him and I hugged him so that he was lying back on the floor. I looked back at Natasha who was smirking at me and I shook my head at her because I knew what she was thinking... but was it a crazy thought?

"Now get out of that stupid suit so we can carry you back inside Stark Tower," said Natasha. Bruce came crawling on his knees, his skin was still a shade of lime and he was breathing heavily. Tony's armour disassembled in a click of a button and Natasha grabbed him by his waist and started to walk with him towards the Stark Tower. He was limping and he had a cut oozing with blood down the back of his neck. They were whispering to each other the whole journey. Clint, Thor, Bruce and I all walked slowly behind them kicking stones to each other.