The Winter Soldier

TONY'S P.O.V

There was blinking lights on the elevator coming up and I glanced over at Steve who was too busy telling me why Peter joining the Avengers wouldn't be the worst idea. "Steve shut up!" I hissed and he looked really upset. "I'm sorry. It's just somebody's coming up to our floor. Look." I pointed and Steve walked over and held me tightly. 

"You need to calm down sweetheart," he whispered to me. "Look I know these past few days have been stressful." As he carried on talking the doors opened and in came the person I was dreading to see. 

"Get out!" I screamed and I pushed Steve to the side and I ran towards him but Steve was quicker and stronger than me and he grabbed me by my arms and held me close to him. "You cold assassin! I watch the news, I've seen what you've done! Winter Soldier." He turned his head away as I said the name. 

"Tony, he's not what they say is," said Steve and he was now struggling to keep me in his grips. "It was mind control Tony. Mind control." 

"Why is he here? Who let him in?" I cried.

"I don't know," said Steve calmly. "But if you stop screaming we can find out." He still had his hands tightly around me and he just stared at us. "Bucky?"

"Say something then!" I said coldly. 

"I-I'm sorry to just turn up here like this... I knew you wouldn't see me if I asked," said Bucky with his voice breaking. 

"Yeah because you're a wanted criminal all across the world," I cried. "We should be turning you in! We could get in trouble for this!"

"TONY!" hissed Steve and then I decided to stop talking all together. I felt his hands dig into me as I turned to Steve and he shook his head at me. 

"I wouldn't of come unless I had to. Hydra's after me again," said Bucky and his eyes filled with water. "They're going to turn me into that... that killer again!"

"How did you escape?" asked Steve. 

"I escaped a few weeks ago. The mind control... I was free and I..." but he went silent. "They're looking for me everywhere. I almost got taken yesterday... I need you guys."  

"Buck, we'll help you all we can," said Steve. "But we have to be careful. We've got a family."

"Oh yeah. Congratulations," said Bucky. "I'm happy you can finally be you."

"What?" I asked.

"When we used to fight in wars, we never told anyone we were gay," said Bucky. "It was disapproved."

"You two were gay together!" I snapped.

"No!" cried Bucky. "I was bi but never with Steve... he didn't like me." Steve finally let of me and the second he did I ran away and up to my room. I hit me head down on the pillow and screamed. I heard the door open a little bit but I kept my head down. 

"Dad?" said a small voice. "What's the matter?" He came and sat down next to me on the bed. "Did you hear Bucky's here? Everyone's downstairs now sorting it out."

"Ugh," I said and I sat up. "Have you gone downstairs?"

"No. Nat told me to stay in my room," said Peter. "Did she tell you to do the same?"

"No... but I wish she had," I said and Peter laughed. "I'm sorry about... everything I guess. I didn't mean to get so annoyed over everything. I was just so scared."

"I know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was Spider-Man. I thought you make me stop what I love," said Peter. 

"Oh believe me. I wanted to," I said. "But I know that would've been too much. Anyway it's getting late." The door opened and Steve was standing there alone. 

"I'll go to bed," said Peter quickly. "Bye Dad and Papa." He shut the door behind him and then Steve came closer to me.

"Tony," said Steve and he held my hands. "I'm sorry he came over here like that. I wasn't expecting it either." 

"Oh be quiet and kiss me," I said and I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him on top of me. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked Steve. "I mean it's been a weird day." 

"Yes," I said and I started to undo his shirt while he lay on top of me running his hands through my hair. There was a knock at the door and Steve was about to call them in but I put my hand over his mouth. "No, otherwise we might not be able to do it... we'll get called out." Steve shrugged his shoulders and carried on kissing me but then the knocking got louder. 

"Come in," he sighed and he rolled of me. Bucky came in and he looked surprised when he saw us. 

"Oh... um... I'm sorry to interrupt. I can't seem to find the spare room. Is it down this corridor?" he asked. 

"I'll just show you," said Steve.

"But we were just about to-" but Steve put his hands over my mouth. "Fine... we're not doing anything." Steve rolled his eyes and got up and left to show Bucky his room and then I heard Sam's voice down the hall and I just wanted to leave. Why couldn't it just be Steve, Peter and me. I hate that we're never alone. 

Steve came back in a few minutes later and he came into the bed again. "I've just put Sam and Bucky in the spare rooms," said Steve but I didn't answer. "Tony please don't ignore me." 

"What do you want me to say Steve?" I asked.

"Wow that's great Steve and let's carry on what we were doing before," said Steve with a smile and I couldn't help not being mad when he looked at me like that. 

"Fine. Come here," I said and he climbed on top of me and kissed my cheek.

"So you're okay?" he asked.

"As long as you stay with me," I said. 

"Of course Tony. I love you," said Steve. "More than anyone."