Adoption

PETER's P.O.V

I stood outside Dad's door with my hand ready to knock and I couldn't help but feel nervous. But the door opened before I had a chance and Dad was standing there with red eyes and a tissue in his hands. "I saw a shadow under the door," mumbled Dad. 

"I-I just wanted to ask what happened?" I asked. He avoided my eyes and looked down. 

"It's okay... I was just overreacting I guess... He was going to leave in the night to meet Bucky," said Dad slowly. "It's just he can't ever say no to that man... I don't know Peter"

"Oh Dad, I'm sorry," I said and I paused for a long moment. "Is he coming back?"

"I don't know. You can ask him if you want," said Dad. "Anyway I'm really going to sleep this time."

"Okay goodnight," I said as I shut the door. I got back into my room and Wade was lying under the covers of my new bed and he sat up. "Like it?"
"It's amazing," said Wade and he pulled me onto him by my arms. "So is everything okay?"

"Yeah I think. I'll message Papa later," I said and I got under the covers with him. "I hope they get back together soon." 

"They will," said Wade. "They're married!" He held me close to him and I shut my eyes. "Message Steve now."

TEXTS

Me: Papa?

Papa: Sorry Peter. I didn't mean for this to happen. Is Tony okay?

Me: No not really. I think he'll need the night but please come back soon. I don't like you two apart.

Papa: Is he really upset? I don't know what to do :(

Me: Yeah. He's crying. Don't tell Dad I said this. I'd do something special for him if I were you. 

Papa: Good idea. Anyway get some sleep and I'll be home soon.

I turned my phone off and shut my eyes. They'll be okay.

TONY'S P.O.V

I held a box of tissues in my hands and I squeezed it to death as I tried to keep my tears in. I could feel my tears socking up my pillow and it felt like lying in a pool of water. I'd wait until tomorrow before I contacted Steve.

6PM The next day

I looked down at my phone at it had almost been 24hrs since Steve had left. I hadn't left my bed in hours or heard from Steve. Peter knocked on my door and he came in and jumped on my bed. "Dad you have to eat!" cried Peter. He put his head down on the pillow but quickly jumped back up. "Oh Dad. Have you been crying?" I didn't say anything and Peter put his head on my shoulder.

"I-I've never argued like this with Steve before. It's scary," I stuttered. There was knock downstairs and both Peter and I jumped up. "Can you get the door for me?"

"But it might be Steve!" said Peter and he winked. "It's Steve okay!" I slowly pulled the covers off and I dragged myself down the stairs. I took a mint from the bowl next to the door before answering. Steve was standing there with his hair dripping with water and his clothes drenched from the rain. His hair was a shade darker and his lips were shivering. He looked down to me and he took  a step closer to me and pulled out a bunch of red roses. 

"Um... I-I'm just so sorry!" said Steve trying to catch his breath. I took the roses speechless.

"T-Thanks," I said. "Oh right... come in." He shook his head and grabbed me by hand and pulled me out into the rain.

"No, come and join me," he said and the rain ran down my cheeks followed by a few tears. "Please don't be sad. I do love you and I know I was stupid for listening to Bucky. It's you I want and need." I rested my head on his chest and I knew he was crying too. "This feels so weird." 

"S-Steve... I don't want you to leave anymore, okay?" I said. "I just want to be with you."

"Forever okay," said Steve and he pushed my wet hair out of my eyes and he grabbed my cheeks. "I didn't want this to happen. I told Bucky it was all wrong and he kind of understood."

"I shouldn't have kicked you out Steve. That was... stupid," I said. 

"No, it wasn't. I was the stupid one," said Steve. "So we should go in now right?"

"Ha yeah," I said and I pulled him in by his wrist and we kicked off our shoes. "We never actually got to have our fun."

"Mm true," said Steve and he held my hand tightly as we walked up the stairs. "But on that point... I was thinking... Do you want another child?"

"Yes!" I cried almost pulling both of us down the stairs. "So much."

"So we should get looking right," said Steve. "Adoptions centres and whatever."

"Yes," I said and Peter came running out of the room. 

"I heard adoption," cried Peter. "Papa you're home!"

"Yeah," said Papa. "We want to adopt... What do you think?" 
"Yes!" shouted Peter. "So when should we do it?"

"Let's look tomorrow," I said.

"Agreed," we all said.