I Love Him

TONY'S  P.O.V 

I sat down on the bed in my room staring at my illuminated phone screen counting down the minutes until I had to say goodbye to Steve. I knew he was only going for 2days but I was going to miss him. It was now 10 minutes until he was leaving. There was a knock at my door but I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to be alone for a few minutes. The knocking just continued and just got louder and louder. The door burst open and Steve was standing there with his arms crossed. "Oh Steve. I didn't know it was you," I mumbled into my pillow.

"Tony, what's wrong?" asked Steve and he came and sat down next to me. He put his soft hands on my back.

"Steve, I'm going to miss you," I said and I sat up. He kissed my head and put his arms around my neck as he looked at me.

"Tony, I don't want to go if you're not going," said Steve. "I'm cancelling it." 

"No, Steve. You have to go... they'll know if you don't," I pleaded and I put my hands around his waist.

"So? Tony, I don't have to go," said Steve.

"They need you Steve," I said and his hands lowered.

"But so do you," said Steve. He paused for a moment then looked me in the eyes. "I know you're still drinking Tony... I know."

"W-what? How do you know?" I squeaked and my heart dropped as he looked at me.

"Tony, I'm not stupid..." said Steve. "I just want to know why you didn't tell me!"

"Steve... I'm getting help... I didn't mean to go back to drinking... I-I-I'm sorry," I whispered. "Please... I wanted to tell you... you have to know that." He stayed silent staring at the floor with hatred. "It's hard okay... Just say something..."

"I have to go now Tony," said Steve sternly as he stood up. "I know you're getting help... but you told me you had stopped." He walked out and slammed the door shut. I put my head between my knees and screamed. The nightmares had stopped but I couldn't stop drinking.

Natasha opened my door in her tight black suit and a bag on her shoulder. "Are you sure you're not coming?" she asked. "We could really use an Iron Man."

"No... I can't... I need to stay with Peter," I said trying to hold back the tears. I never fought with Steve. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to."

"What?" she asked and she looked at me worried. "Goodbye Tony." The second the door shut I put my blanket around my shoulders and lay down wrapped up. Maybe Steve would call me. Did he even bring his phone?

I woke up the next morning with running footsteps going backwards and forwards outside of my room. I slowly dragged myself to the door and I stepped outside with my soft black robe on. Peter was running back and forth with his bag. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm getting ready! How do I look?" he asked. He was wearing a green and black checked shirt with rip jeans.

"Fine," I said. "So who are you meeting? Is it a girl?"

"What! No... I'm meeting somebody called Wade," said Peter. "He lives near me." 

"And he came all the way here to meet you?" I asked.

"Well... no. His Mother lives in Queens and his Father lives in New York... so it works out perfectly!" Peter cried excitedly. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing. Go and have fun... but be back soon. You can bring him back if you must," I said and I shut the door to my room again.

PETER'S P.O.V