Chapter 24: Flip the Switch

"Hey, Y/n," Mr. Fryman called as Y/n walked down the stairs of the attic

"Yes, sir?" Y/n asked

"Don't say I never gave you anything," Mr. Fryman told as he took a fresh $100 dollar bill out of his apron and handed it to Y/n

"Oh, thank you!" Y/n smiled

"Consider it a thank you for saving my shop," Mr. Fryman chuckled, "Where are you headed off to?"

"I was actually heading to Funland... Mr. Smiley offered me a job," Y/n told

"Ah, right," Mr. Fryman nodded, "He talked to me about that... How long are you planning on working?"

"4-5 hours," Y/n said, "I think that's what we agreed on for the first day,"

"Mhm," Mr. Fryman nodded, "Once school starts again that'll probably be your hours as well,"

"Don't remind me," Y/n laughed, "I can't believe it's almost September,"

"Yeah, tell me about it," Mr. Fryman said, "You start school on the 3rd, right?"

"September 3rd, yep," Y/n nodded

"Well, you got a week left of summer vacation, you sure you wanna be working for that whole week?" Mr. Fryman asked

"Better than sitting around doing nothing like I did this whole summer," Y/n shrugged

"I wish Ronaldo had your attitude," Mr. Fryman laughed, "Good luck with the job,"

"Thank you, sir," Y/n smiled as they left the shop and went down the boardwalk, all the way down to Funland.

"Y/n, there you are!" Mr. Smiley greeted

"Yes, sir!" Y/n nodded, "I'm ready for my first day,"

"Good, good!" Mr. Smiley said, "I'll start you off slow, just monitor the arcade, make sure no kids are vandalizing or breaking the machines. If you see that, you gotta scare 'em off, or if they already broke something, call me,"

"Got it," Y/n nodded, "I think I can do that,"

"Here, take this," Mr. Smiley handed over a walkie-talkie, "So I can call you if I need you,"

"Can do," Y/n nodded as they clipped the device to their waste

"Alright, I'll check in on you in an hour," Mr. Smiley said, "I've got a park to run!"

"Mhm," Y/n nodded as they strolled over to the arcade and walked inside, noticing no one was inside. Y/n looked around and saw several cameras, but they didn't seem to be working, "Mr. Smiley, do these cameras work? Over,"

"Nope, can't figure out what's wrong with them," Mr. Smiley said, "Feel free to take a look at it. Over,"

"Let's take a peek," Y/n said as they walked to the back of the arcade and found a little security booth. Y/n went to the computer and pressed the on button, but nothing happened. Y/n then grabbed the black desktop and turned it around and found the switch for the power supply was flipped off, they pressed the switch into place and tried again, still nothing. Y/n turned around and found the fuse box on the back wall, Y/n went over and opened it, finding a switch labeled "Security Booth" switched off, as well as "Cameras" switched off. Y/n flipped both switches to on and was greeted by the opening chime from the computer, "Now we're in business," Y/n chuckled as they went over to the computer. Frowning once they realized they needed a password for the account labeled "ADMIN" "Hmm," Y/n wondered as they typed in 1234. Y/n waited as the old machine processed the input, then denied it, "How about..." Y/n then typed in password in all lower case, which the machine accepted with a welcoming ding, then presenting the desktop. Y/n grabbed the mouse and moved it over to the camera icon labeled "Security Cameras" clicking on the application caused a new window to pop up showing four different camera angles of the arcade and the security booth, "And done!" Y/n laughed in success as they pulled out the walkie talkie, "Mr. Smiley, I fixed it, over."