Chapter 21-Back to Square One...with you.

Chapter 21:Back to Square One.

Ashton left me yet again and he could not set a date on his return. Time had flown by and they were pressuring on when to start school. The town was empty. Two hundred students attended the high school and only fifty,including Mary-anne and Stella were left. But they started anyways.

My mother did not send word on her return, but she sent me letters explaining where she was and how happy she was. She told me not to worry about Charlie either because she was watching over him.

Today I stayed at home grooming Buttercup and Shadow. I was going to call the vet soon because I could not tell if Buttercup was pregnant or not.

But about a month and a half after Ashton left I have been having odd pains in my stomach. I still get the pains at the back of my head, but it feels like something...almost didn't digest inside of me. I thought at first maybe my digestive system was out of whack and I tried eating more bland foods but nothing was working. I have been feeling oddly tired these past few days but I figured I was stressing over Ashton's return.

But today as I was doing the dishes a knock was struck on my door. I looked through the peep hole like always and a tiny gasped escaped my small but plump lips.

My father stood outside tapping his foot.

"Nirvana, Janey? I know you're in there." He called. My mother's name was Janey. The door was locked and I ran to the back locking the stables, closing the windows and every possible door. I went into my bathroom and locked the door calling Ashton on the phone.

"Vana? What's wrong?" He asked.

"My dad is here." I whispered frantically into the phone.

"Here? As in at your house?"

"He's outside."

"Are all the doors locked?"

"Yes. Ashton my dad is not a weak guy. He'll kill me! What do I do?" I said as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Vana calm down, listen. You have to do something. Go to the Abandoned house and wake the Lord."

"How do I do that?"

"Take the phone with you. The Lord will know you are not an enemy. He will protect you, and he needs to be awakened for help with the battle."

Suddenly I heard the door break open.

"Oh Nirvana?" He chimed in.

"Ashton! He's in my house." I said terribly frightened. I was so scared of my father. My heart pumped in my chest.

"Are these your horses? You won't mind if I play with them?" He laughed evily.

"Oh hell no." I said frowning.

"Vana be careful. I contacted the pack. Stay wherever you are."

"He'll kill Shadow and Buttercup! No one touches my babies. Stay on the line." I said setting the phone down. I heard him calling my name frantically but I said nothing. I opened the door and my father stood by the stable with a gun.

"My, my Vana, haven't we matured? I'd knew you'd blossom one day."

"I see you haven't matured. Still beating women and having sex with minors?" I taunted folding my arms. He better back away from my ponies. They are like my children. The pain suddenly erupted in the back of my head. I grabbed the phone and shoved it in my pocket.

"I've missed our fun times together Vana...I remember our first time like it was your first steps."

"You remember me crying my eyes out from the pain? How pathetic you sicko." He held up the gun and pulled the trigger. Once the gun bullet went off something happen. An invisible foggy shield came up and blocked the bullet knocking it to the gorund. The pain went away and I felt in control. He shot again and the bullet hit the shield and fell.

"My turn." I smirked. I changed quickly and his eyes were shocked and he stood frozen in fear. The change was quick and painless and it felt amazing. I growled loudly at him and he stumbled and bolted out the door. He shouldn't come back for a while. I quickly shifted back.

"He's gone."

"Jeeze Vana you gave me a heart attack!"

"Calm down, Girly." I teased laughing.

"Okay but still you need to wake up the lord and his elders."

"Yea. I'll get right on that." I rolled my eyes saying it as I walked out the door.

"Don't roll your eyes."

"How'd you know?"

"Vana I know how you are. You don't phase me."

"I don't?"

"You're not the type of girl for mischievous things."

"As I recall I was the one who brought on sex. Not you."

"You're also a female wolf. I had sex many times and you didn't. I have sexual self control."

"Prove it."

"Watch when I get back."

"Oh I hear a bet coming on." I grinned turning onto the dirt drive way for the abandoned house.

"How much we going for twenty? Thirty dollars?"

"Fifty and bragging rights."

"Deal."

"Deal." I agreed. I opened the door to the old house and unlocked the pass code for the chamber.

"Okay what do I do?"

"Go to the panel on the side wall. There should be three buttons. One red one green and one blue."

"Okay...do I press them all at once?"

"No. Press the red first then blue then green."

"K..." I pressed the red then blue then green. Suddenly the gate circles opened and coffins appeared from underground.

"I'm scared."

"Open the lord's coffin. It's the top one. He will open the other two. I have to go now. Be safe."

"Bye." I said. I ended the call and put it into my back pocket.

I opened the top coffin. A man in a black robe laid sleeping peacefully. I didn't know if he was breathing but a faint sound came from him. His hair was grey and somehow pulled back. His skin was withered and wrinkled showing how old he was. He looked wise. His mouth was thin and his nose was still pointed. He was skinny with no sign of any muscle mass.

Suddenly his eyes flashed open they were a burning amber and he looked straight into mine.

"I have waited a long time for Ashton to find you...Nirvana-Courtland."