Chairman Meow

"Hello beautiful," Alec said in a voice usually reserved for babies. He reached down and scratched between the cat's ears as he rubbed against his black pant leg.

"Ah, come here, baby." Alec lifted the cat as it began to purr happily. Alec hugged him against his chest and walked to Magnus's room.

"Where's Daddy?" Alec asked the kitty as he walked back to the couch and sat down.

He sank into the couch, kicked off his boots, and laid back with his feet propped up. "Is he off making money to buy you more toys and treats?"

Chairman Meow's ears perked up at the word treat. "Meow." The cat said as he rubbed his face against Alec's.

"Ah, fine. You're too adorable for your own good and spoiled." Alec rubbed his ears again and groaned before standing up.

He padded to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He got the milk out, two bowls, and a colorful box. He poured cereal in one bowl and milk in both. Chairman Meow fought to get down because he knew what he wanted and at the moment it wasn't belly rubs.

Alec chuckled and set the cat down on the counter. "Now don't go tell your dad that I let you eat on the counter. Ah, who am I kidding he spoils you so much worse."

Alec got out a spoon and hopped up on the counter next to the cat to eat his cereal. He mindlessly pet the cat as he ate. He reflected on the first time he had gone to Magnus's without Magnus there.

He had felt so awkward that he sat outside on the stairs waiting for Magnus to come home. It had taken almost a year for him to feel okay to be inside without Magnus. This was becoming more their place than Magnus's place finally. It had helped when Alec found the coffee maker he knew Magnus had only bought for him.

Sure, it was a seemingly tiny gesture but to Alec it meant that Magnus wanted him there. He had no reason to get it except for knowing that Alec preferred to make crappy coffee over getting it from somewhere using Magnus's magic.

Also, it had helped when chairman meow stopped hissing and growling at him. Now they were best friends.

"Meow." The cat seemed to say in agreement and he leapt into Alec's lap and curled up.

Alec had finished his cereal and was about to get up but instead he laid back on the counter. He folded his arm under his head and relaxed as he continued to pet the purring cat.

---------------

Magnus was beyond ready to get home. He was out of magic and starving. He was glad that Alec had come by because that meant the door would be unlocked and he always felt better when he could be with his Shadowhunter.

"Honey, I'm home!" Magnus sang as he walked inside and kicked the door closed.

"Alexander?" Magnus called out as a shot of fear went through him. "Darling?"

He walked into the bedroom and saw that he wasn't there, but he knew he had to be somewhere becuase Alec's boots were on the floor by the couch.

"Ale-" Magnus went quiet when he saw Alec.

Alec was stretched out on the marble countertop with Chairmen Meow curled up on his chest. Alec was snoring lightly and the cat was purring. Magnus pulled out his phone and snapped a picture.

"Magnus?" Alec whispered sleepily as he opened his eyes.

"Sorry for waking you." Magnus kissed Alec's cheek. "Want to go to the bed?"

"Oh, sorry." Alec jumped up and Chairman Meow howled his complaint of being disturbed. "Sorry, baby." Alec caught the cat and cuddled him back to his warm chest.

"You are adorable." Magnus said in awe of Alec.

"You look tired." Alec touched Magnus' cheek.

"Gee, thanks." Magnus rolled his eyes and smiled.

"You know what I mean." Alec smiled. "Do you need some of my strength?"

"Maybe later, but I could defintely go for some cuddling." Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec and turned him so he was behind Alec. He kissed his neck lazily.

Then chairman meow turned to Magnus and hissed. Magnus' eyes got huge.

"Now you listen here mister. He's mine." Magnus scolded the cat that growled back at him.

"Oh, I see how it is. I take care of you all these years and then you turn on me as soon as a pretty blue eyes boy comes along. I'll remember this the next time you want salmon." Magnus pulled away from Alec and Chairman Meow purred happily.

"Bitch." Magnus stuck his tongue out at the cat.

"Magnus!" Alec scolded with a laugh.

"Hey, clearly you have to choose one of us." Magnus put his hands up in defense.

"You can't be serious." Alec looked down at the cat that seemed to agree.

"So?" Magnus raised his eyebrows.

"How about I get the middle of the bed and you each can be on one side of me?" Alec shrugged.

"Fine." Magnus leaned in to kiss Alec but Chairman hissed again. "Stop it!"

"Baby, be nice." Alec scolded.

"Yeah," Magnus smirked.

"I meant you." Alec smirked at Magnus.

"He's the one that hissed!"

"And you yelled."

"You've got to be kidding me! Traitor." Magnus pouted as he walked away. "My cat stole my boyfriend and I get in trouble. I'm never taking in another orphan again."

"We both know that's a lie." Alec placed the cat on their bed and cupped Magnus face in his hands. "Hello."

"Hi." Magnus tried to act upset but Alec's sweet smile made it damn near impossible.

Alec kissed him and finally the cat stayed quiet.

Question: soft bed or hard bed?