1. Awkward or Adorable

Answer: Yes! And if you're not, well it's still going to happen literally right now.

***Warning: Before you start reading this multipart story!!!***

This will be happy and hopefully funny. It will definitely make you cringe and face palm but I'm going to try my best to keep it light and overall not depressing. I think with how the show and other fanfics are going we need something that we can be happy to read (or in my case write) haha.

"Alec, can you believe we made it here?" Jace slung his arm around his best friend and took in a deep breath of fresh air. It tasted of freedom and pizza.

"Yes, well not really you. I truly thought you were going to fail out of school that last semester." Alec smirked and didn't flinch when Jace smacked him.

"Sorry for not being like the Vale-dick-torian." Jace threw his arms up in the air. "Let's hear it for the average C student!"

"Your parents must be so proud." Alec snorted.

"Seeing how they're the same as yours I'd say I'm more of a charity case that they thought would pay off." Jace shrugged and started walking towards the pizza place across the parking lot.

"You know they don't think of you like that right?" Alec asked as he followed behind his best friend.

"I know. I was kidding. They knew I wouldn't ever pay off." Jace chuckled. "Or maybe I don't apply myself so you can look that much better. Ever think of that?"

"Jace, even Floyd, the stoner knew better than to cheat off you and he literally used my English homework for a test." Alec teased.

"Hey, that works." Jace pointed at Alec.

"It was for a math test." Alec shook his head and opened the door to the pizza place and put his arm out to motion for Jace to go first. Instead of hitting arm like he expected he hit something soft.

"Oh, sorry." Alec yelped and pulled his hand back.

"No worries." A deep voice responded.

Alec looked up and his heart stopped. The man in front of him had a red dyed Mohawk and glittery black stuff around his eyes. He was beautiful and terrifying all at the same time. He was like what Alec imagined the devil would look like. Alec blushed deeply and opened his mouth to say hi. It didn't work.

"I was trying to hit air, not you. I mean, I wasn't meaning to hit air. I don't fight air. I don't, don't fight it either. It's not like it'll do what you want it to. You know? Um, so yeah, um," Alec mentally stabbed himself in the face repeatedly. "Leave."

"Have a good day." The guy winked and left Alec to pick up the pieces of his bursting heart.

"He spoke to me." Alec whispered.

"Yeah, and you acted like a fucking alien. That was hilarious." Jace laughed so hard he had to wipe tears away from his eyes. "You're such a freak."

"Was I really that weird?" Alec turned to his friend needing to know the truth.

Jace was going to say hell yes, but when he saw the fear in Alec's eyes he decided to give the moment to his friend. After all it had taken him until they both turned 18 to tell Jace that he was gay, and even then he hadn't told anyone else. Jace gave Alec's shoulder a squeeze.

"You did great. He probably found you adorable." Jace said hoping that was what Alec wanted to hear.

"Adorable?!" Alec threw his arms up. "Adorable!"

"Is that a bad thing?" Jace cringed.

"I am a man, I want to be manly. I don't want to remind someone of an adorable puppy. I want to make him think of," Alec paused when he realized that everyone in the pizza place was staring at him, "you know what I mean." Alec finished much quieter.

"Everyone loves puppies. You're like a German shepherd puppy. Adorable, but deadly." Jace bullshitted just like he had learned to in all of his English classes.

"Oh, cool." Alec smiled.

"You realize that you're in a restaurant and not your dorm room, right?" A small red-haired girl asked with a smirk.

"If you can't eat at the place it's not a restaurant, kid." Alec rolled his eyes. Couldn't she see that he was having a serious moment.

"You're one of those people. Great." She rolled her eyes back and her words dripped with so much sarcasm that Alec could almost taste it. "And I'm not a kid."

"Whatever, can I get a pizza or are you going to keep wasting my time with your worthless words?" Alec cocked an eyebrow.

"Geez Alec, could you try not to be a dick to the cute girl on our first day?" Jace pushed his way in front of Alec. "I'm sorry for my friend here. He's a rescue."

"I'd take him back to the pound." The girl smiled and twisted her finger in her bright hair. "I'm Clary."

"Jace and this asshat is Alec." Jace said flirtatiously.

"Nice to meet you Jace, and not so nice to meet you Alec." Clary glared at Alec then smiled again at Jace.

"He gets that a lot." Jace said cutting off Alec's retort. "So, what's your favorite pizza?"

"Pepperoni."

"Classic. I love it. I'll take two." Jace pulled out his card.

"It'll take about 15 minutes, which just happens to be how long my break is." Clary said as she swiped his card for the pizzas.

"It seems to be my lucky day."

"Your friend is going to leave right?"

"What friend?" Jace asked as he jokingly shoved Alec towards the door.

Alec started to grumble but then realized that him leaving was the best of both worlds. He'd get his pizza and not have to interact with that annoying girl anymore. He happily walked out the door and headed back to the car. He decided he'd start moving his stuff into the apartment while he waited for Jace to bring the pizza.

He unlocked the car that they shared and pulled out his backpack along with a duffel that was big enough to fit Jace and him inside. Alec kicked the car door closed and trekked up the stairs. There were guys rushing around and most of the doors were open which made it that much harder to read the numbers but finally Alec found the one he was looking for. He set the duffel down and dug through his backpack for the key.

"Where are you?" He struggled as he dug deeper. "Ouch." He yelped and stuck his bleeding finger into his mouth.

"Hey, you need a hand?" The guy from earlier asked. "The trick with these locks is to check if it's actually locked first."

The guy twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. "Let me help you."

He picked up the duffel and Alec's jaw dropped when he saw the bulge of the guy's biceps underneath his tight black shirt. Alec shook his head and tried to focus on anything else. It was harder than the SATs. 

Question: What's an awkward thing that happened when you met someone?