4. Family Bonding

Answer: I have this super soft lamb that's black and grey. I love it because it's so cute but so dark haha and so soft!

"Magnus, you have to come. I mean how am I supposed to celebrate your birthday without you there?" Clary said into the phone. She knew something was going on with her friend but whenever she tried to ask he laughed it off and made some joke. So now she just tried to get him out of the house as much as possible.

"Clary, my dad made dinner and even a cake." Magnus lied, his father hadn't remembered his birthday in years. He, himself had actually forgotten too until Clary had said that.

"I love your dad. He's so sweet. Seriously I wish he could be my dad." Clary said wistfully.

"Stupid bitch, where are you?" His father bellowed from the living room.

"What was that?" Clary asked.

Magnus cleared his throat. "My dad says hi."

"Hi, Mr. Bane!" Clary said cheerfully.

"I better go. The food's getting cold." Magnus hated that he didn't just tell her the truth but how could he? It had been so long and he was honestly embarrassed.

"Okay. But please reconsider. You will love what I have planned." Clary blew him a kiss through the phone and Magnus chuckled before hanging up.

"What did I say about having your phone out at the table?" His father ripped his phone out of his hand and chucked it out the window.

Magnus bit his tongue. It would not help the situation to bring up the fact that his father had been passed out cold. No, it never did.

"Sorry, it was Clary." Magnus said softly as he took a bite of soggy cereal.

"Clary? Why would she call you?"

"Because she's my friend."

"But you're disgusting and useless. Did she get drunk and you knocked her up or something? Figures you'd ruin her life too." His father tried to storm away from the table, but he barely managed to stumble to the couch. "Was she calling for money? You slut. You're such a waste of life and now you're going to have a kid that is just as pathetic as you."

Magnus was pissed, but he didn't even know how to respond to such ludicracy. Sure, he was bi, but Clary was like a sister to him. Plus, there was the fact that he was into a certain blue eyes boy at the moment. Not to mention what his father thought of his nonexistent child.

"I want you gone, now!" His father bellowed and chucked the remote at him. "No idiot kid of mine is going to raise a kid in my house!"

Magnus had had it. He didn't care what happened next. He just knew that this was over. "Oh no, please, dad let me stay in your disgusting house. Please don't make me leave your worthless, pathetic, drunk self. What ever will I do, on my own without your wonderful guiding light to lead me through this hell."

"What did you just say?" His father stood up far too fast before falling back on the couch.

"No, don't get up. I don't need help packing. I've been packed for months, just biding my time for today. Happy 18th birthday to me." Magnus pretended he was waving a flag.

"Watch that tone!" His father hiccuped.

"Or what? You'll kick me out?" Magnus broke out into laughter, that sounded more like the laughter of a condemned man than anything else.

And with that Magnus walked to the front door, opened it, and slammed into something hard.

"Shit." Alec muttered as he fell backwards with Magnus on tops of him.

"What the hell?" Magnus glared into those blue eyes and tried to stay pissed but for some reason it all just melted away and he started to laugh.

"I'm so sorry." Alec shoved Magnus off him and scooted backwards. "I found your phone in our yard and though you'd want it back." Alec held out the phone in a shaking hand.

"Right. Thanks." Magnus pulled himself together and took the phone.

"I better go." Alec stood up.

"Wait." Magnus said in a voice so unlike his own. It was soft and hopeful. "Can you go with me somewhere?"

"Are you going to beat me up?" Alec asked, terrified.

"Probably not." Magnus shrugged.

"Okay?" Alec didn't know why he didn't take off running but he couldn't.

"Come on." Magnus unlocked his car doors and got in. And to Alec's surprise he followed. He shot off a quick text to Izzy: If I don't come home Magnus killed me.

Izzy sent back a laughing emoji. You'll be fine. You did take the mace right?

No.

It was nice knowing you, bro.

"My dad kicked me out for getting Clary pregnant." Magnus said and Alec dropped his phone from shock.

Favorite cereal?