4. After a Long Pause

A/N You may want to go back and read the last 3 parts before jumping in. I did haha. Also, I will be posting another update later today so expect that soon.

"Welcome back, that was a short visit," Jace smirked at his friend as he watched the clumsy guy trip over his own shoes. 

"Shit!" Alec yelped as he fell flat on the floor. He took a breath before holding a finger up while still keeping his face in the old carpet. "Say anything and I slit your throat in your sleep."

He groaned and pulled himself up off the floor trying to ignore the laughter emanating from his best friend. "You're a dick."

"You're hilarious." Jace didn't even try to pretend to apologize. 

"If you could run away for the rest of my life that would be great." Alec smacked Jace.

Jace groaned. "Ouch. You're a bitter man, Alec."

"At least I am a man. I mean what did that woman call you?" Alec tapped his chin. "Right, a pretty boy. A boy."

"Has anyone told you that you're a bitter loser."

"Loser? I didn't lose anything and you literally just said that I'm bitter, so yeah I've heard it before." Alec said from his room as he dug through the many boxes looking for his snacks.

"Whatever. So, are you going to have him for dessert or is he going to be the meal?" Jace winked.

"Please die." Alec groaned and slammed the door.

"Hey, sorry about taking so long," Alec said, walking into Magnus's place without knocking. 

"No, he's not my type." Magnus's voice carried from the bedroom.

"Sure, he has the looks, but his personality is so jumpy and flighty. Plus, he's in no way ready to deal with me. I mean have you met me. I am amazing and he's well, dull. He's all black clothes, teen angst, and bitter sobs while I'm glitter and laughter. If he does try anything I'll send him off crying to his golden boy roommate. Gross!" Magnus's laughter bounced off the walls as Alec's heart sank to his feet, shattering on its way down. 

"Oh, hey, he's going to be back anytime so I better go. Love you, biscuit."

"Alexander," Magnus frowned. "How long have you been back?"

"I have to go." Alec dropped the snacks but didn't care. All he knew was that he needed to leave.

"Back so soon. Did you miss me?" Jace chuckled from the couch where he was still sitting.

"No." Alec blurted and ran to the bathroom. He wasn't going to cry. He especially wasn't going to cry over a guy he had literally just met, a beautiful guy. A guy that seemed to be all that he never wanted or needed until he met him. Nope. Alexander Gideon Lightwood was sure as hell not crying over something so fucking stupid, Alec thought as he turned on the shower to hide the sniffle. 

"Alec?" Jace tried to open the door then banged on it when he found that it was locked. "What happened? Are you okay?"

Alec couldn't do it. He couldn't fight the tears. He told himself that it was because of all of the changes but it wasn't. He ripped his clothes off and sank to his butt in the tub. He pulled his knees to his chest and dropped his head on them as his arms wrapped around his legs. 

How could he have thought that a guy like Magnus could be even slightly interested in him? Magnus had been right, he was dull. He was not the kind of guy anyone would dream of or see walking down the street and wish he noticed them. He was the guy that people would yell at after they walked into him. He was a shadow in a world of glittery people. He was unenchanting.

Alec waited for his eyes to dry then made sure to get enough water on his face to hide the tears. Alec turned off the water and reached out for a towel before realizing that he hadn't unpacked them yet. "Dammit."

"I have a towel for you." Jace said through the door.

"Thanks." Alec opened the door barely and snatched the towel out of Jace's hand. 

"Are we going to talk about it?" Jace asked him.

"I felt gross and I'm tired." Alec said as he wrapped the towel around his waist and walked to his room. "Good night."

"Okay." Jace wanted to press him, but he knew better than to do that. Alec would speak when he was ready. But, if it was Magnus's fault he was going to kick his glittery ass. Jace cracked his knuckles and decided to have a word with their friendly nieghbor. 

Question: Where in the states should I travel to next month?