7. The End of Infinity

Answer: I died in the book and you have a great day.

"So, why did your dad think you got Clary pregnant?" Alec asked even as he convinced himself not to.

"Because he's a misogynistic prick." Magnus started the car.

"He thinks so little of Clary and other women that he actually believes she'd be dumb enough to be with me." Magnus snorted. "Joke's on him though becuase even she doesn't hate herself that much."

"You don't really think like that do you?"

"Like what? Like I'm a piece of trash that even a dump would reject?"

"You're not trash, you're lovely." Alec touched Magnus's cheek and the brown eyed boy turned to his passenger with a deep frown.

"You're either blind or stupid, Alexander. Which is it?"

"I may be clumsy and awkward but accordingly to my school work I'm a genius and I have such good vision I don't even need glasses to see you all the way from my hidden tower world. You push people away becuase you'd rather have control. You would rather be alone because you forced everyone to leave instead of having a possibility of someone not liking the real you. Honestly it hurts to watch such a beautiful, magnificent piece of art hiding behind layers of unskillfully thrown paint. Your canvas is silk, but you act as though it's old fast-food wrappers." Alec blushed and looked out at the stars. He had just said more than he normally said in a whole day and he sounded like a raving lunatic.

Magnus stayed silent and Alec mentally kicked himself. He was a moron. He should have just told Magnus that he was stupid because he clearly was.

"Do you really think that?" Magnus asked in a voice full of emotion.

"Yes." Alec said as he screamed no I'm crazy in his head.

"How?"

"What?"

Magnus took Alec's hand in his. "How did you manage to see me when nobody has ever seen me before? You of all people, the one person that I wished could see me. The guy I prayed would hear my pleas for help, the guy I hoped would see the cracks in my heart and would see the gold that could fill them?"

"Like I said, I have very good vision." Alec said and died internally. Are you freaking kidding me Lightwood? I have good vision?! I have good vision?! Do you even know how to communicate with humans?

Magnus laughed. "You're a dork. I love it."

"I'm sorry. When I'm nervous I say stupid things."

"It was just what I needed." Magnus glanced at the clock. "I should get you home."

"Yeah, probably. I have an extra bed in my room that Jace usually uses. You can use it if you want."

"Won't your parents be upset?"

"They don't notice me unless it's about my grades."

"I doubt that's true."

"They literally forgot me on two separate family vacations. The first time they didn't notice until I missed a test which was my fault even though they forgot me in the Caribbean for a week."

"You're shitting me!" Magnus gave him a questioning look.

"Nope. I had no cellphone, barely any money, and my backpack."

"What about your sister?"

"She and Jace thought it was hilarious and had a bet going to see how long it would take them to notice. In the end I got grounded for missing the test which I was able to make up."

"And I thought my dad was bad." Magnus laughed. "Damn, I have got to meet these people."

"Then stay over."

"Absolutely."

"Good."

They got to Alec's and Magnus followed Alec to the back where they climbed up to his window. They got inside silently and quickly got ready for bed. Magnus knew that Alec didn't want his family to know about his guest so he stayed quiet. They lay in silence neither of them ready to sleep.

"It's my birthday." Magnus blurted.

"Happy birthday." Alec turned into his side to look at Magnus.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Good night Alexander."

"Good night Magnus."

Alec felt a pang of sadness that the night was going to end. It had been a moment of infinity until it ended. The night could have continued on forever and he'd have been happy, but as all things end so do magical moments.

Alec knew even then that his life was never going to be the same but he felt like nothing had changed. His entire world had shorted and yet the world was still turning just as it had been the day before and would tomorrow.

Question: When was a time that you had that was like this; you wanted it to last forever but you knew it wouldn't?