Quarantine

"Why can't we go outside?" Max whined as he stomped his feet against the hard floor. His toys were strewn out across his now very messy room. They had been stuck inside for over a month and he was going to lose it. "I want to go visit Uncle Jace and go to the store and play at the park!"

Max saw his dads in the hallways, walking towards him. He wiggled his ears and his door slammed shut. "Go away!"

"Blueberry," Alec whispered through the door before slowly opening it. Magnus followed his lead, walking inside the room making sure to not step on any toys which was nearly impossible. Magnus was thoroughly impressed that Alec hadn't tripped yet. "I'm sorry, Bubba," Alec sat on Max's bed and held his arms out to him. Max slowly, sadly climbed onto his lap and wrapped his small blue arms around his dad. "I know this is hard."

"I want to go outside!" Max sobbed against Alec's chest. "Why can't I be happy?"

"I'm sorry." Alec looked at Magnus not exactly sure what to say to him. "I know it's hard, really hard, but."

"But," Magnus sat next to them and motioned to Rafe who was in the hall then to get to work. He rubbed Max's back. "But, before you know it we'll be out having fun again. We just have to stay in a little longer to keep people safe. I know you don't like it, but remember those people we went to help out at that home a couple of months ago?"

"The old people," Max sniffled and used Alec's shirt to wipe his nose. "They were so wrinkly and old!"

"Yes," Magnus wanted to laugh but held it in. "Well, they could get really sick so we have to stay in to keep them safe."

"Uncle Jace isn't old." Max giggled. "He is, huh? Uncle Jace is old and wrinkly!"

"He is so old," Alec joked. "We might have to take him to one of those homes soon."

"Yeah," Max laughed, his tears completely forgotten. "Guess what."

"What?" Alec asked as Magnus excused himself.

"It's a secret." Max leaned in to wrap his small hand around Alec's ear and lowered his voice to a whisper. "I saw him put stuff on his hair to hide the white hairs. He's so old he has white hair."

"Really?" Alec chuckled and acted surprised. He was lucky that with Magnus he never had to worry about grey hairs. "What else?"

"He," Max almost tumbled to the floor because he was laughing so hard. "One time-" He couldn't stop laughing. Alec laughed merely because seeing Max laugh that hard was a rare thing espiecially recently. Alec wiped at the tears in his eyes caused by the laughter and happiness.

Max took a couple of minutes to catch his breath. "One time, Uncle Jace farted." Max's words burst out of his mouth before he started to laugh again. Alec held onto him tightly so he wouldn't fall and laughed too.

"Gross." Alec said and he lifted Max up so he could carry him out of his room.

"I miss him." Max frowned as they got to the hallway. "I miss him a heck of a lot."

"I bet you don't miss how bad he smells." Alec teased to try and cheer him up.

"Yeah, Aunt Clary should make him shower more." Max smiled sweetly trying so hard to be happy.

"Well, we have a bit of a surprise for you." Magnus took Max from Alec's arms and gave Alec a soft kiss. "Close your eyes, Blueberry."

"Okay," Max was shaking with excitement.

"I present to you," Rafe's voice boomed. "The circus!"

Max opened his eyes and nearly burst from Magnus's arms to get to his brother. There was a giant tent covering the entire living room with animals all around. They were stuffed animals, but they were alive and moving as if they were real. An elephant was balancing on a big, colorful ball. A monkey was swinging from ropes overhead. And a lion roared before jumping at him. Rafe caught Max and lifted him to his shoulders.

"They're friendly." Rafe assured him. "Jump up."

"With the monkey?" Max was so excited. He grabbed onto the rope and started to climb up it. Alec and Magnus watched as the boys played with the animals. They would fall only to be caught by Magnus's magic and tossed back up.

"It's time for the show." Alec announced and brought out a tray filled with all kinds of treats. They all dug in as the animals preformed a multitude of tricks. It lasted for an hour and as the curtain was closing Max was lightly snoring against Rafe. Rafe picked him up in his arms and carried him to his room.

"They are the most perfect kids." Magnus leaned against Alec as they watched their sons disappear down the hall.

"They get it from you." Alec turned and kissed Magnus on the lips. They hadn't had any time to themselves in over a month. It was getting frustrating, but the kids were worth it.

"Good night." Rafe called from his room. "Get a room!"

"We have one!" Magnus shot back. "And a silence charm so we can be as loud as we want!"

"Sick!" Rafe popped his head in. "Kill me now please."

"Your father is so loud." Magnus continued. "Every time I beat him at chess he yells."

"Why can't you hate each other like normal parents?" Rafe shook his head. "I could've been adopted by anyone and the angel picked you."

"Poor cute thing." Alec pinched his cheek. "We love you, but go to your room and leave us alone." Alec jokingly slapped his cheek. "Or we really will embarrass you."

"Gross!" Rafe ran to his room, but turned around before closing his door. "I love you both."

"Love you too." Magnus and Alec said together.

"Now, it's our time." Magnus pushed Alec so he stumbled into their room and fell back on the bed. The door closed behind him. He wanted to take his time, but it had been far too long. He jumped at Alec, pushing him onto his back and ripping his shirt off. Magnus kissed him everywhere. He nibbled his ear as Alec undid Magnus's pants.

"Daddy!" Max screamed from his room. Magnus groaned and got up. Rafe knocked at the door.

"I'll get him but you owe me double allowance." Rafe said before walking away. Magnus knew that he would pay him anything to have just this one night. He turned back and Alec had already pulled off his pants.

"Fast and then we can go slow after." Alec said as he jumped onto Magnus wrapping his legs around him and biting his lips until he let his tongue inside.

Quarantine was a challenge, but they were going to be just fine.

Question: How are you all doing?