Chapter Thirteen

He must be those children's adoptive father. The man looks like a mannequin, just like his kids.

I just want to find one flaw in this family.

Just one.

" So, what is this about throwing up black liquid?" He asked, standing in front of me.

" I just shrugged, as I did not anything about that.

The man turned on a flashlight and it's beam invaded my vision. His eyes bore into mine with scrutinizing eyes.

" Dilated pupils"

Blondie, as I nicknamed him, asked me to sit up and slightly raise the back of my shirt, as something round and cold touched my back.

" Breathe in, then exhale."

I did as I was told and I shivered under the cold metal against my back. Doctor Cullen then brought my shirt back down the way it was. He then pulled out a wooden stick, the ones we use for coffees.

" Open your mouth, please."

I stuck out my tongue, as he looked with his small flashlight.

" I'll take some of your blood to analyze it, is that okay?"

I only rolled my eyes, as he walked out of the room, before coming back in, a syringe in hand, and my whole body tensed up.

Needles.

I hate them.

I rolled my sleeve, until it reached near my shoulder, and extended my arm,  as Doctor Cullen removed the cap protecting the syringe from any bacteria. My head turned to the side, I closed my eyes, and breathed in then out.Relaxing my body, as I knew it would only hurt more if I didn't relax my body.

I could feel the needle prick my skin, before a small flash of pain took over me, as he took some of my blood.

As he removed it, I turned around to look at the syringe.

The blood inside it was a normal color. Blood red color.

My uncle beside me sighed in relief.

The doctor looked at me in the eyes, amber irises reaching for cold green ones.

'' I'm going to do some tests on your blood and give you the result.­''

I stood up, putting on my coat, at the same time the door opened, Charlie stepping in.

''Carlisle, could you che-- Anna?''

His kind and dark eyes fell upon me, as I stood there awkwardly.

" What are you doing here?" He asked, looking at Carlisle.

We all turned towards Carlisle, as he held up the small vial that contained my blood. 

It was now as black as midnight.

After making sure I wasn't infected with the black plague, the blonde haired doctor let us leave, after another few hours, with luck, there was a doctor who studied the black plague visiting the hospital, and he ran the test which came out negative, and we were then free to go, at night. My uncle showed me out of the hospital, his hand tightening around my shoulder and we climbed into his truck.  As Dominic got in the car, his body was as tense as a rope, his knuckles white, hands clutching the wheel in a seemingly painful grasp.

His eyes were hard when he started the engine and drove us away from the hospital. The air felt tense and it made me grow tense too.

" The reaction you had when you saw the blood was not a surprised one. You knew." He hissed, his eyes still on the road. I could almost feel the anger roll off of him in waves, almost crushing me.

" Yes. Dad brought me to the hospital a year and a half ago."

Dominic's blue eyes widened and the car sped up slightly.

" Your parents knew too?!" He urged me to answer and I obeyed.

" Yes, why did you think they made me drop out of my classical music competitions?"

He glanced at me, blue eyes boring into mine.

" Your aunt and I thought it was because you didn't want to participate anymore."

I rolled my eyes. " Father was scared that participating, with all that stress, would weaken my body."

Uncle breathed in, then out, deeply and softly.

" Did it happen often?"

" No. It only happened less than three times in a year."

The man pulled his lips in a thin line.

" Why did they not tell us?"

" The doctors told us I only had two months left to live, the first time we went to see them. And here I am, a year and a half later."

We both didn't say a thing after that conversation, the way home.

 I learned from Bella, that she was alright, no wounds were found on her body, no traumatism or anything

 I learned from Bella, that she was alright, no wounds were found on her body, no traumatism or anything. Tyler's skin split over his eyebrow. It was his van that slid on the ice.

       Apparently, Edward saved Bella. He denies it fervently, and she's sure his hand left a huge dent on the side of Tyler's van.

Interesting. And she kinda is a liar, since she told Edward she wouldn't tell anyone about that. 

But, her father and I were worried about her, I took upon myself the role of her driver to go to school for a few days. 

As I'm doing at the moment, from a little bit away, I slowed down my car, until I stopped completely in front of the Swan's house. Chef swan stepped out of his house and strode over to me, bella following right behind him, before walking around the car and climbing in the passenger seat next to me.

Swan slumped his body, hands where the windows would be if they were closed, head a little bit higher than mine, as he looked at the car.

"Nice ride."

" Thank you, Sir." 

The man rolled his eyes at my formal approach.

"Don't go crazy with this car, kid, I don't want to make you kiss your license goodbye, to arrest you."

I raised an eyebrow at what he was insinuating, even though it was not that subtle.

" I'd never. Say that to Derek."

The man tapped on the car door, telling us we could leave, and I drove off, Bella sitting next to me. The chocolate haired girl was scowling.

" Bella, it's only for a few days, stop scowling."

" But I'm totally fine."

" You hit your head pretty hard, now, stop complaining or I'll dump you on the side of the road. I threatened her with my usual monotonous voice.

Her eyes widened at my threat.

" You wouldn't, right?"

" You can find out if it's true or not."