Chapter Twenty Six

Today was the day I was going to visit the Cullen's house for the first time. I was kinda afraid to go there. It might be one of those spooky houses that vampires are rumored to live in, completely gothic, with black and red colors, like, you know, that kind of house that is insanely gorgeous and slightly creepy at the same time.

I was wearing the clothes Alice forced me to wear, a taupe sweater/dress, and a pair of thigh-high floral boots over black transparent tights. I swear, with those high heels, I'll face plant on the ground.

So imagine my disappointment when we got there, and the house was normal, well, as normal as a house almost made of glass could be, it was so light and open....

I was disappointed.

Where was the gorgeous creepy house?!

And Edward even had the nerve to pick me up before I could even eat! Now, I was going to be hungry and grumpy for the rest of the day...

Thanks, a****le.

We all got out of the vehicle, while I stared at the house, and Edward opened the door for us, his amber eyes watching over Bella carefully before a crooked smile appeared on his lips and he bowed, with a small grin.

" After you, my lady."

" Ugh." I replied, rolling my eyes while I heard Edward snicker when I went over the threshold, the first thing that hit me, was the wonderful smell of food.

Food in a vampire house? For who? 

Do they have a dog for that food, or would it always be in danger of getting eaten alive?Edward then guided us to the kitchen, where Emmet, Carlisle, and Esme were cooking. Rosalie and Emmet were taking care of the salad, Esme, the cheese, Carlisle was chopping the meat and cooking whatever they were cooking in the pile.

It smelled so good. I was going to cry, honestly...

I'm so hungry!

" Is she even Italian?" Rosalie asked while rolling her eyes, holding the bowl for the salad.

Emmett looked at her in a weird way. " Her name is Bella." He said as if it was obvious to everyone in the room.

" I'm sure they'll both like it nonetheless," Carlisle said, with a fatherly smile, while turning to his wife.

" Here come the humans," Rosalie said, turning around and her face softened looking at me.

" Bella, Annabelle, we're making Italiano for you both."

How kind of them, I won't starve because of their idiotic son!

" Ladies, this is my mother for all intents and purposes."

Both Esme and Isabella said a few words in Italian.

" You're giving us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time."

I don't mind, at all.

" I hope you're hungry," Esme said, with that maternal vibe of hers.

" Yeah, absolutely," Bella said, though the lie was easy to catch.

" She already ate," Edward said, with that velvet smooth voice of his.

I could hear the bowl Rosalie held crack and make really acute noises because of the pressure.

" I'm hungry, and, Rosalie, please stop making the bowl make these acute noises, they're making me insane," I said, while I crossed my arms over my chest.

Rosalie's golden eyes looked down the bowl to see that there was, in fact, a few cracks here and there.

Carlisle was looking at me with an indecipherable expression. 

" You heard the glass break from the inside?"

I just shrugged, while they put down the plate in front of me, while we all sat around the table, Edward waiting for me, for whatever he had planned with Bella. The food was amazing, no lies.

Such a gentleman.

Then, Edward brought us in front of a huge and beautiful grand piano.  Looking at the instrument made a small wave of sadness wash over me since it was my father's favorite instrument to hear me play with.Bella and Edward looked at me and I raised an eyebrow, as a crooked smile appeared on Edward's perfect face.

" I was told that you were a musician. That you knew how to play.And that you would surely give me some competition."

I rolled my eyes at Edward and sent a glare to Rosalie and Alice, the latter one only smiled blissfully, with her eyes wide with excitement.

" Smooth move, Edward," I grumbled, and walked up to the beautiful black grand piano and sat down on the bench, loverboy sat down next to me, and Bella sat down on the loveseat while watching us (mostly Edward **couch**cough**).

I brushed the pads of my fingers on the ivory surface of the keys of the piano.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Edward try to analyze my expression, as he studied me.

" It's been a long time since I played the piano ."

" How come?" He asked, his head tilted forward to look at my expression.

I took a deep breath before forest eyes met amber ones. I looked away shortly after.

" It was my father's favorite instrument," I said in a soft voice, almost a whisper, nothing like the voice I usually used, which was, smooth, but cold, indifferent, inexpressive.

I cleared my throat and looked at him from the corner of my eye.

" Canon in D, I lead, you follow, clear?" I asked him placing my hands where they were supposed to me, and Edward did the same.

 (Ps: The video is clearly not mine, just so you know... )

That music always made me felt a certain way, not only was it the first music piece I learned, but it also felt as if someone was creating a path in front of you, as if whenever you were in doubt, that person would gently tell you otherwise, and push you gently forward, and explain how life worked.

How sadness comes and goes, with time, how to always look forward, and never let anything become something other than a small obstacle on the path of our life, towards our happiness.

Playing for the first time in such a long time, while Nostalgia washes over me,  as I remembered everything from the piano lessons, to the competitions. Playing with Edward, playing with someone else, I wasn't used to that.

But, deep inside of me, I knew, that, somehow, whenever I let go, he reigned me back in softly with how he played.

I knew, even though I didn't want to acknowledge it, Edward and I connected through music.