Chapter Thirty-Five

When I came to be, it felt like literal hell was burning its way through my body, my veins, my soul, mouth opened in a silent scream, back arching from the ground, eyes fluttering open, moonlight shining and hurting my eyes. My eyes were partially open, and I looked around me.

I was at a dancing classroom. The moonlight shined through the window onto the floor. A room filled with mirrors, and it felt like it would show everything from every angle.

" Annabelle!" A feminine voice shouted before I felt hands grab my injured arm and a hiss left my lips.

" Oh my god..."

Breathing hurts, thinking hurt, as if my brain was being ripped apart and burning at the same time, moving half an inch felt as if someone was chopping m body into small pieces.

"What did he do to you?" The voice sounded familiar, it sounded foggy, blurry as if it was a weak echo through the fog. My mind had a hard time understand what she said as if every senses my body possed was dulled.

From the corner of my eye, I could see the vampire tracker come forward, grab whoever was next to me, and throw her against a pillar, pale skin and dark brown hair caught my attention for a few seconds.

Bella.

He held something in his hand. A camera. The vampire with a ponytail crouched down next to her, saying a few things to her. But then., even if my vision was blurry, I saw him step on her leg, and heard the bone snap as she screamed in agony.

He broke her leg. 

With the last ounces of strength that my mortal human body possessed, I stood up and leaned against a pillar, hand clutching my injured arm.

Flashbacks of what happened, of his teeth digging into my wrist, the venom destroying human cells through my body, I could hardly breathe without it feeling like my lungs were on fire, fire burning its way through my veins. I was in the process of being turned into a blood-sucking mindless beast. My jaw hurt so much, my neck, my teeth almost made me wish I pulled them all out.

My focus was on Bella being tormented by that disgusting vampire. I preferred to die helping Bella than live as a vampire. Paul's face flashed into my mind for a brief moment.

Why the hell was I thinking about him at such a crucial moment?

My body shot forwards and I slammed my uninjured side against the vampire, sending him stumbling back , and it shocked him enough that he grabbed my throat and pushed me against a pillar, blood trickling from a cut from my forehead, down my brow bone, onto my eyelids, before sliding all the way down my neck, and blood dripping from the corners of my mouth.

"I don't want to damage your pretty little face any further than it already is... I'm impressed you still can stand up while the venom is working through your veins. You must be in such agony. I'm gonna have so much fun with you, my little newborn. "

With the face he was making, it was pretty easy to guess James had some kind of sick and twisted idea about me and him. Hopefully, it's not sexual...

" Once you turn, you'll be mine to use. A beautiful face with deadly instincts." He said, his thumb brushing against my jaw, his face so close to mine that if he'd only been alive, I'd feel his breath against my skin.

Then, whispers came to my ears, and it seemed like I was the only one who heard them. It was like someone was whispering beside my ear, from another time, another language.

( WARNING: ROUGH LATIN TRANSLATION.)

I wrapped my hand around his wrist tightly.

"Ex mea tactus, me excipio tuae facultates intro mea corpus donec aurora."

 From my touch, I draw out your faculties inside my body until dawn. A female voice translated in my head. It wasn't my voice, black veins appeared on my hand, and spread over his wrist, and he snarled at me, looking at his wrist. As soon as I uttered those words, as soon as they left my lips, I felt his strength flowing into my veins. I felt no more pain from the bites on my body, no more pain from the wound on my arm. I just felt that immediate feeling, sensation, of strength, power, and speed. 

   The vampire stepped away from me, my hand let go of his wrist, and James stood a foot away. I rubbed my throat with my hand while he stood there, legs slightly bent, in an attack stance. Less than a second later I was kicking the tracker in the middle of his chest, with my newly found strength, embedding him into the wall behind him. Cracks appeared on his face before they were gone as fast as they appeared.

I could get used to this kind of strength, well above my own.

" Not bad, not bad. so you are a little witch then? Been a long time since I met one... You get more and more precious as time passes."

We exchanged a few hits, and every time he tried to get closer to Bella, I would pull him away from her, throwing him across the room.

A single hit to my solar plexus brought me to my knees, as I gasped, my breath knocked out of me, of my lungs. I could taste blood into my mouth, some blood dripped from the corners of my lips, my arms wrapped around my midsection.

I had the strength, the speed, but not the resistance, not the body of a vampire.

The effects of the spell were beginning to wear off, and, since it was my first spell, I'll guess that it's my inexperience that drained the spell out of me, and made it unusable after only a short time. The pain of the bites and from my arm came back and overtook everything else. I could feel each cell in my body screamed in pain, and turn slightly numb, yet the pain was still there, unbearable, my body is so weak I felt myself fall forward.

Darkness took over my mind at the same time arms wrapped themselves around me, and I let myself go into Morpheus's arms and let my mind fade into unconsciousness.