Chapter Thirty-Nine

Jasper dropped down to his knees, unable to stand up. Eyes as black as night staring up at me while I stared down at him, emotionless. Hands laid on the ground, palm against the wooden floors. The strain in his body was visible to anyone in the room, if he was alive, veins would be popping off in his arm, muscles twitching under soft warm skin.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me, while I stared Jasper down.

" Don't try to stand up, you'll get hurt otherwise."

Edward's eyes scanned me up and down.

" You're a ... witch?"

" And you're a vampire, glad we're stating facts," I stated, rolling my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

The smell of blood was overpowering and I turned around, only to see Bella on the ground, holding her wounded arm. 

Images flashed through my head. So that happened when Edward pushed Bella away to protect her.

      At the smell of blood, everyone left the room, but Edward, who watched Bella with an anguished expression. My eyes went back to Bella, whose arm was held by Carlisle as he checked over the wounds.

"Check on Jasper. I'm sure he's very upset with himself... And I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now.

But Edward didn't answer, his gaze fixed on Bella's injured form.

"Edward." The blonde vampire doctor insisted.

The bronze haired young man left without saying a word to me, Bella or Carlisle. I kneeled beside Bella and grabbed her uninjured arm, pulling her up, before Carlisle led us to a room. He made Bella sit down while he went to pick his doctor thingies, like pincers, bandages.

Maybe I could try that healing spell I saw yesterday in the grimoire.

I put over her injured and bloody wound, palm hovering just above the skin without touching her. I could feel Bella's gaze on me. I also could hear Carlisle coming back to the room.

" Bone to earth, flesh to the body, blood to life. Magic mend and candle burn, Sickness end and good health return. The Morning Sun will take her pain, and she will wake renewed again. Help her pain on this Night, bring her health Forevermore." I whispered, chanting the spell, my hand glowed a dark purple over the wound, and we could see the blood going back into the wound, flesh knitting itself back together, skin reattached together, wound disappearing without a trace that she was ever hurt.

" How did-" She began to say and I knew she'd have lots of question if I let her go on.

"Witchcraft," I answered, not leaving any place for her to finish her sentence.

I could also have used the Latin version I supposed if I wanted to. To look like a real witch.

Carlisle stepped in, putting what he had needed to help Bella beside her, as he gently grabbed her arm to check over the wound.

"Remarkable, no traces of scars of no kind."

"I never wanted to have that party," Bella said, as Carlisle still continued to examine the skin.

"It's not your fault. Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as we have."

" How do you do it?"

"Years and years of practice."

" Did you ever think of taking the easy way?"

" No. I knew who I wanted to be. I wanted to help people, it brings me happiness. Even if my soul is damned."