Exile

They came sooner than expected. Not that I was surprised, but seriously we're not even halfway through the game. Then again, depending on how you play the game, the heroine could've died at this point.

But hey, with the heroine reincarnated she should be able to get through the whole game. Unless of course some things could go awry.

Like if she accidentally provokes someone....

Anyways, here I was at the court, with weird handcuff like things. Sheesh, I'm not gonna run away or something you know?

"Rei Everstone, you are to be beheaded for attempted assassination against the your brother and the King. Do you have anything to say?"

Prince POV

Like most nobles, Rei had learned to hide her emotions. If you didn't know better, you'd say that she was born of royalty. Not a single ripple of emotion crossed her face from the moment she was arrested till now, not even surprise. I'd have to say that she expected this.

Though if she did have something to say we still had one card up our sleeves.

But she never said anything, it was her father that did.

"My son would never do such thing! Where's your proof?" he asked vehemently.

"I saw it with my own eyes. If I hadn't reacted as fast as I did I would've died," father said with a glare.

A king's words were all the proof that was needed, only a fool would argue. And yet her father did, he would have to be eradicated later.

"If Rei attempted assassination then why would he come back? Wouldn't he run away?"

"Why don't you ask her herself?"

The crowd started to move their mouths, yet their eyes stayed on her. Her expression didn't falter. Either she didn't care or she doesn't know that lying to the king could exterminate the whole family. She continued to stay silent.

"Well, do you have anything to say for yourself?" father continued to ask, whether it was a question directed at the duke or Rei was unknown. Though it succeeded in making Rei speak.

"Not everyone with feminine features is a female, your majesty. Your accusations have basis, if I have tried assassination rumors should've spread and I would've run away. Perhaps you could be benevolent and simple exile me?"

'A pity, such a smart girl. Walking on such a thin line, a misstep could make her fall. I wonder, how well is her balance?'

"You have tried to kill me. It would be rather hard for me to forgive such an act."

"Ah, but you have no proof. I am also rather disappointed that you think me a female."

'She or perhaps he hasn't lied yet. All the lies I sense had come from the king....Perhaps I was wrong and she really is male. Though it shouldn't be as her presence itself is a lie. Maybe she's hiding something....'

Switching back to Rei's POV because it's more convenient and stuff

'Damn is talking to royalty hard. If I'm not careful I might actually have to run away.'

"Ah, but you have no proof. I'm also rather disappointed that you think me a female," I replied, so far I haven't lied yet.

I know that trick, hiding a truth ball thing somewhere and then pulling it out to show the world that I was lying. How they direct it onto one person is beyond me, I mean the kind is spouting lies left and right, but for all I know that was the whole point and the ball would turn red from all that lies he was spouting.

'Eh, I'll figure something out later. For now I must focus.'

"Are you suggesting that I am lying?" the king asked.

"No your majesty-"

"Although, taking into account all the things that your family has done for us and the fact that you haven't succeeded, I shall forgive you. However, the crime you have tried to commit is much to grave for me to simply let it go.

"You must be gone by sunrise tomorrow. If anyone in this country ever sees you again, I'm afraid that I won't be able to show the same leniency that I am showing today."

'Great, now it looks like I'm the villain and he is a saint. Not that it matters, I got what I wanted and I'll never have to see them ever again..'

"Though that still leaves one question. Rei Everstone, are you female or male?" another noble, Duke Rivervale, asked.

I see what you're doing there, me being female changes everything.

"Which part of me is feminine, other than my face of course," I asked back.

"Your mother told us that you were female," Tristen, that traitor, called out. A new wave of debating whispers swept the room.

"Yeah, mother said that you were female. Is it because you want to have a chance at the throne?" Fay asked, stupid child that is simply too easy to refute.

"Would me being a female change the way you treat me? Females are naturally more delicate and so you would most likely try to protect me better. If you thought I were male it would be easy to ignore me and think 'he is male, he should be able to protect himself' not that you do a good job at keeping an eye on me anyways.

"And wouldn't I have a better chance of being part of royalty if I were a girl? I have status and the support of the commoners, it would be easy to become betrothed to one of the prince's.

"Lastly, as you all know I have quite a bit of magick. Although Adeline has magick as well, it is light magick which often resides inside a female. My magick is simply earth magick, nothing special about it. Do you really think the goddess would let a female have such a common magick?

"Now if you'll excuse me, I must get ready for my departure."

I quickly, but coolly, left before they could say anything. I felt like I was back in school writing an essay. No matter what kind of school it is, I would still dislike it. But if it was actually interesting, I would dislike it....a little less.