Prologue pt.1: Abandoned

Namjoon's POV

These flashbacks...

They never go away.

It all happened so fast. One moment I'm living a happy life with my mom and dad, and the next... I'm all alone, I'm rejected by the world that I once thought was my home.

I found an old looking building when I was twelve. It looked abandoned, but safe. So I ran to it. The building was a huge three-storey abandoned high school.

*What a waste of a perfectly good building*

I thought to myself.

I walked into every room in the building, looking for a place to sleep. I came across a really big library. My eyes were wide with awe.

*Such a beautiful place*

I thought.

Next, I would have to figure out how to get food.

*Stealing is an option, but I can't draw attention to myself...*

I thought sadly.

*And I have no money...*

I looked around the school cafeteria, but all the food and drinks had gone bad. I sighed in defeat.

I stepped outside for some fresh air and sat on the sidewalk. I stayed out there for a good two hours, thinking to myself. It was around six pm now, but still pretty light outside.

I thought of everything:

How the get clean, wash my clothes, even if it was pointless without soap, and never trust anyone in order to stay alive.

I had come to the new conclusion that the world wasn't as I thought. The world was a cruel, vile place. People never liked me anyway because I was..., different.

Even if I am a cat-hybrid, I'm not that different from anyone else. But unfortunately, everyone but my parents treated me like I was a monster. And then, they were gone..., just like that.

I suddenly heard the barking of a dog, and I was shot out of my depressing thoughts. I looked around but nothing was there.

"Woof!"

I was startled and jumped backwards, looking at the panting dog next to me.

As a cat hybrid, I'm generally terrified of dogs, which is why I was startled so much. But it just looked at me with bright eyes. I calmed down and tried to face my fear. I pet the dog, and it barked happily.

"Jjanggu!!!!"

A loud voice scared me, and I looked up surprised.

A boy who looked about fifteen ran up to me and the dog, and picked it up.

*So the dog's name is Jjanggu? That's cute*

I thought, smiling.

The boy looked down at me.