⚬Distant Memory⚬

Namjoon's POV

"What...ever happened to your parents...?"

Those words digested in my mind, as I tried to remember the distant memory of my dear mom and dad.

Then it all came back to me, and a tear fell down my cheek.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked..."

Jin apologized, trying to comfort me.

"No no! It's ok. I just miss them... I'll tell you what I know.."

He nodded, and listened attentively.

-

Flashback as I explain to Jin

It was like any other day with my parents.

They were both hybrids, like myself. I was homeschooled by my dad, while my mom always helped us if she needed too. They always did their best to help me, since I was very sensitive at my young age. But, I didn't realize that all of their efforts were to keep me safe.

One morning, around five am, I heard a loud bang in another room. I shot up out of my sleep, and looked for my parents. They weren't in the room with me like they usually were. I was so scared.

I went to look for them, but then I heard my mom's screams, so I ran to the source. In the family room, a strange man was holding my mom by her throat, choking her.

I wanted to help her, but I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. Then my dad punched him hard across the face. He let her go, but...as she looked at me, with tears in her eyes, she said,

"Run..."

The man pulled the trigger.

And just like that, my mom was dead.

I was stuck in my position, as I saw my own mother being shot in front of me. My dad tried to restrain the man, but he pinned him against the wall by the throat.

"Pathetic"

The man said smirking.

My dad looked at me in fear.

"Save...yourself"

He started.

"Get out while you still can....., p-please..."

Then the man shot my dad as well.

My parents were dead, shot right in front of me. I sobbed as I stood there, unable to do anything.

"Your next, kitty"

The man threatened, coming towards me.

I obeyed my parents commands and I ran. I jumped out the window and dashed out of his sight, never looking back.

"THE NEXT TIME I CATCH YOU, YOU'RE DEAD!!"