CH5:No Regrets

Tsuna opened his eyes, his head pounding in pain.

Oh... Back here again?

He was in the white void again, yet Sora was nowhere to be found, and he knew that he had probably died. The impact of the wooden blade would have been enough to kill him anyway.

It was a pity, really, he still regretted-

...Regrets..?

Do I have regrets?

Did he?

Well, Tsuna could only chuckle sadly. He knew that answer well.

No.

I don't.

After all, what's the point of living if you're not needed in life?

When you're useless?

Weak?

-na!

...Eh?

-una!

Who...?

-ake up,Tsuna!

Sora?

Didn't you want to protect your loved ones?

What?

Protect them with your dying will, Tsuna!

Wasn't that what he had vowed to do? So why was he going back on his promises?

Regret.

Of course...

I have one regret...

Not being able to protect Okaa-san.

To protect Ienari.

I want to die with no regrets!

---

It was as if everything fogging his mind was finally cleared.

Tsuna opened his eyes and sat up, almost abruptly, ignoring the blood that pooled around his head.

Mochida's eyes widened, just as he sputtered words of disbelief, the audience equally shocked.

But seeing as to the fact that Tsuna was not backing down, he got into a Kendo stance, sobering instantly as his eyes assessed his target.

Seriously, this time.

Yet, Tsuna could still sense the reluctance in his form, an 'are you okay?' question clear in his eyes.

Tsuna could only catch his gaze and nodded discreetly. The two paused for a moment, before sharing a look of mutual understanding.

All was well.

And Mochida began, charging forward, just as Tsuna dodged each attack gracefully.

He hadn't felt this awake in a long time.

The wooden blades clashed against one another, rhythmic thumps echoing across the gym, leaving the crowd mesmerized.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.