CH39 : His Drive

A few days ago...

"...Sora?" Tsuna asked, a frown crossing his face as he watched the carefree sky float around his mindscape.

The older brunet hummed in reply, autumn eyes blinking in confusion aa he floated towards his younger counterpart, question evident on his face.

"What's wrong?"

Tsuna clutched at his head, feeling his head throb as he tried to recall his memories. "Something's... not right."

"What's not right?"

"There's something wrong- My memories aren't adding up."

Instantly, Sora was alert. "How so?" He questioned, face set into an indifferent mask as he asked as patiently as he could. He approached Tsuna cautiously.

"I-" Caramel eyes flashed in sudden recognition. "There are missing parts of my memories."

Sora furrowed his brows at that, before meeting Tsuna's gaze with a question, "May I?" He held out a finger with a single flame flickering a the tip, asking Tsuna for permission before acting.

The boy nodded.

"...It seems that there is a seal on your memories. A powerful one at that - made by life flames."

Tsuna frowned at that, questions flooding his head. He was curious.

Who...?

...

Who sacrificed their life for me? For Dame-Tsuna?

"...Tsuna?" The brunet blinked, train of thoughts ending instantly as Sora snapped his fingers in front of his face.

He smiled sheepishly. "Yeah?"

Autumn eyes glimmered in amusement, before the brunet sobered up. He began, in a serious tone. "...Do you want me to remove the seal for you?"

Sensing the grave tone the older brunet was using, Tsuna couldn't help but hesitate.

Sora smiled bitterly at that, knowing why Tsuna was so hesitant. The risks were just too great- They were dealing with the unknown.

"Tsuna." The said boy jumped slightly. "Do you trust me?"

There was a moment of silence, before the boy inhaled sharply.

"..Yes." Amber eyes glowed, resolve flashing as he met Sora's unwavwring gaze.

It was true. He trusted the brunet with life. It wouldn't do any good to start doubting him eiter.

"Do it."

Nodding, Sora mentally thanked Kawahira for teaching him how to seal and unseal flames.

Tsuna clenched his fists slightly.

Here goes nothing.

"I want to know who was willing to.... go that far for me."

That steeled his conviction even more.

He had to find out.

"I'll have to look through your memories first, though..."

Silently, Tsuna gave his approval.

What he didn't know was-

Curiousity killed the cat.