CH40: Bittersweet Memories

"Well, well. Look's like you've even managed to poison this... idiot with your foolish words." Lorenzo - Altro spoke, eyes narrowing menacingly, glinting ominously as insanity reflected in cold brown orbs.

But Sora said nothing- there wasn't anything to say. He merely firmly stood his ground against the tyrannical aura that seeped to sap the joy out of the room.

"I have to say, I'm impressed."

Everyone tensed, waiting- ...anticipating Altro's next move. They could not afford to be caught off guard.

"You managed to survive this long - like a filthy cockroach."

The man was planning something. Even someone as dense as Yamamoto could feel his instincts snap at him to get away.

"But I've had enough. Sawada Tsunayoshi. You have meddled with my plans long enough." A black flame ignited in Altro's calloused hands, making Sora mutter out a 'tch' in annoyance.

"So you'll have to die now."

The black flames were thrown at the brunet at a speed that rivalled lightning. Sora was barely able to dodge-

"KYEHEHEHE! DID YOU REALLY THINK I SPENT THOSE FIVE YEARS ON NOTHING?!"

Sora ignored Altro, eyes pleading as he poured out his everything in his words.

"Lorenzo...Fight."

Gracefully dodging the fist sent his way, he whispered out his heartfelt words.

"Fight, Lorenzo."

Those words, they contained-

"Fight. Fight for the future."

His trust.

A kick to the side. A dodge.

"Fight. Fight for Kat."

His pleas.

A dodge. A punch to the gut.

"Fight."

His hopes.

Autumn eyes blared.

"FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE YOU BELIEVE IN!"

His resolve.

....

....

....

"YOU-!"

Fresh crimson blood, as red as a rose trickled onto the wood of the Sawada household.

Everyone was frozen in shock.

"L-Lorenzo..." Sora whispered, eyeing at the dark crimson rapidly staining the ground. "Why?"

The man smiled, trembling fingers still holding the weapon as he-

....coughed.

And stood proud.

"B-Because I wanted to. I want to fight, to save the future from Altro's destructive c-clutches." He choked out, biting back a cry as he forcefully pulled out the bloodied dagger from his chest. As he did this, he began to cough out more blood.

Sora winced, closing his eyes as he felt his world sway slightly.

"You shouldn't have given up your life - Your chance of living - for it."