Epilogue 1

Tsuna felt fuzzy, muffled voices ricocheting off his skull like a raging party that had gone on for days in his head.

He groaned, and instantly the voices stopped, dropping to buzzing murmurs.

Tsuna's intuition rang at that, and he felt dread pool in his gut. His heart hammered as his memories gradually began to return.

Sora! You shouldn't scare me like...

...That...?

Fear gripped him as Tsuna tried desperately to locate his older counterpart in his mindscape. But there was no one there. The space in his mind remained empty, completely devoid of the cheery sky that brightened up Tsuna's mood no matter what happened.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I caused you to had to do what Dr. Kashima never wanted you to do-" He had hissed. "-But... Please... Give me another chance. I'll make things right again."

His head hurt. His heart was burning.

S-Sora...? Where are you?

No response.

Panic began to set in and he jerked his head upwards to meet the others' gaze.

"G-Guys! S-Sora's not... here!" He cried out, feeling his heart clench tighter and tighter.

"Yeah. You're really mature, Tsuna. Use your powers for your friends, okay? Share your burdens and protect them with your dying will, okay?"

He hadn't noticed. Not how sad Sora looked, nor how... tired and accepting he seemed.

It was only then his eyes caught sight of the new, familiar yet older-looking faces of people who resembled his own guardians, as well as a pretty girl with puffy emerald eyes as though as she had just been crying...-?

"...Humour me and promise it, please?"

"Good. I'm..really proud of you."

Why hadn't he realised?

Make it stop..

I don't want to remember anymore...!

Caramel eyes finally landed on the still figure of Lorenzo, as well as a sobbing Ienari.

Why-?

He was confused. Lost.

The world around him spun, and Tsuna could hear the muffled sobs of everyone around him through the roar of blood in his ears.

"Tsuna..."

"Thank you for the fun times."

"...The next time we see each other, we'll be free from our chains and our curses."

Why did Sora say that? Had he even bothered finding out? Just before it was too late?

Stop... No more...

The girl with pure green emerald eyes seemed to notice Tsuna's emerald eyes, for she stood shakily and stumbled towards him, a set smile fixed on her face. Tsuna took one look at her and immediately avoided her gaze, turning away and not reacting even as she grasped onto his cold, clammy hands.

"T-Tsuna-kun... I- I'm...sorry." -whyareyousmiling?- "S-Sora- he... he's...gone. I'm so sorry."

Time seemed to freeze. Tsuna felt the world crash around him.