Prologue

First story on Wattpad, hope you guys like it! Thanks for reading!

-Jodi

***********************

Prologue

There, behind the desk, sits a man. White-haired, seeming frail when he sits, hunched over like that. If you looked into his eyes you would regret every thinking that, this man is not frail, he is a monster.

One of the most distressing things that has ever happened to him, has happened. The girl, she looks to much like the one before her. This girl is one he must kill. Killing isn't somehting that bothered him, he had only regretted killing one person.

This man killed the only woman he ever loved.

Just because she didn't love him back.

Well, four years before he murdered the one he loved, she had had a baby. That baby girl had grown up and had a son, then a daughter, then another daughter. Now the man worries about that first daughter.

This man belongs to a world most people don't believe exists.

At this point in his life, he should be happy. That dead girl is over thirty years into the past. The man has two twin children that he didn't have to kill after all. But he was sad because they weren't children from a woman he loved.

Don't pity this man.

This man is awful, evil, ruthless, he wouldn't stop to hurt you if you got in his way.

For the first time in a long time, the prophecy an old witch told him long ago.

Battles were fought and lost.

Funny how everything spirals out of control over a few girl's blood.

Originally killed quickly, blood drained all at once and corpses found rotting sometime later.

One woman, greedy, uncontrollable, but clever and cunning, streaking here and there to deliver final blows. Killing blows.

A boy, her son. Born out of her own need for new blood. Magic blood. But the blood he had was twisted and his fate sealed from the start. His mother took blood but couldn't kill him, couldn't get enough.

For only one with natural blood of the ones who started this could deliver the last blow. The death blow.

Mother couldn't get enough from son as the magic drained from the original bloodline. But he would live. He would live until the death blow was delivered or after fifty years of no magic blood after the death of the girl he loved. His hands stained with her death. Stained with her blood.

And so comes to pass. As predicted by the one who saw all. Knew all when it started.

But no one could've predicted the new player. No one could've predicted the power she would play or the immortality he could gain.

And see the wrists. Their bloody wrists of the girls who sealed his fate. One he loved the other he hated. He sealed their fates and they sealed his and the one he trusted a while back would be the one who fanned the embers and destroyed him.

Though the trusted one would not deliver the blow, the killing blow, the death blow, the final blow, the death would be on him.

This man had killed the old hag too. He couldn't help but wonder at this. Who would be the end of him? Who would he trust?

That little girl, seven years old. This man wasn't sure he could kill her for immortality. She looked like, no, she was her grandmother's clone in every way. Even at seven he could see how identical she would become to her grandmother later in her life.

He didn't know if he could kill her. But he would none the less.

This man would hold out until the last second and then he would swipe in and murder Faye Diane Somnia.