Chapter 2: Morning Habits & Family Dynamics

CHAPTER 2: Morning Habits & Family Dynamics

I sighed as my alarm clock started playing music, softly. I personally don't see the point in blasting music at a person who has been awake for hours, trying to draw the perfect pikachu. Anyways, the sigh was because I REALLY didn't feel like getting up and going to school quite yet. Then again, who ever really feels like going to school? No one untill the last day and you're depressed your leaving.

In case you didn't read the very begining with my friends and descriptions, my name is Faye Diane Somnia. Somnia is latin for something and I guess I must come from latin roots but, honestly, nobody would ever guess. My parents would never tell me why they named me what they did. I've always wondered because my brother, Chris, was named after my dad's favourite uncle and my little sister, Katrina, got her name from an old story that, apparently, my mother loved but she never bothered to tell us, no matter how many times she used to tell us she would.

I go through my morning like I do every day. Get dressed, breakfast or at least something, brush my teeth and run a brush through my hair, grab a book off my shelf. Hey, when your an artist like me, you'll love reading books because it's like your own movie that plays in your brain. Then I go to school like any other teenager.

Nobody notices me enough in that hour of the morning when I'm still in turmoil. That hour where my nightmares sometimes stay for, that time when I'm still shaken and jumping at everything. I can't help it. That's my one hour when I let myself be scared because no one will see me. My parents sleep in, Chris is almost always late for school because he gets up as I leave the house and Katrina... My 15 year old sister happens to be an early riser and gets up at 6 every morning. She's a cheerleader and also happens to go running every morning, then gets dressed and goes to school. I think Katrina eats before she runs. So I have that hour to be jumpy and scared.

My parents don't know about my dreams and I can't imagine telling Chris and Katrina about them either. My family is very disconnected but I think it's better that way. I'm mostly ignored by everyone so whatever, right? I have a feeling that if my family got in touch we'd all be feeling VERY akward and unsure of what to say to each other. Besides what would my absent parents, prick of a brother and perfect little sister do about the dreams IF I told them? Nothing, that's what.

 ************************************************************************************************

Picture of Katrina ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>