Chapter 17: Hidden Feelings

(This chapter happens to be short)

CHAPTER 17: Hidden Feelings

I walked at the edge of the groups heading to lunch, I didn't talk to anyone even though I could've struck up a conversation with most of them. Talking to Katie, as fun as it was, made me want to scream. I enjoyed when she got angry but apart from that, just a headache waiting to happen.

Since I wasn't talking to anyone I was looking around me at all the empty classrooms. By now everyone had finished class. My eyes wandered and then I froze. Leaning against a wall in an empty classroom was, none other then, Demetri. Great. I was already in a bad mood from Katie and not really in the mood for Demetri's sarcasm and utter annoyance.

I ducked into the room and shut the door behind me. "Demetri." I said, arms crossed. He looked up and smirked, "Faye." he said it in the same tone I used, mocking me. I rolled my eyes.

"Quit showing up." I said. Demetri's smirk stopped.

"Faye-" Demetri tried to say, but I cut him off.

"Look, I don't know who you are but I'm done with these hallucinations." I said angrily, I was on a roll now. Demetri looked steadily at me, his face intentionally devoid of emotions. He was probably just annoyed though.

"Faye, just-" he tried again but, once again, I cut him off.

"No. I'm not about to do something a hallucination tells me to do." I said, stepping closer to him, my anger consuming me. "How many times do I have to-?" I never finished my sentence because in that moment Demetri kissed me.

His arms went around my waist and I completely lost my train of thought. My anger melted away and the end of my sentence flew out of my head as he kissed me. The only thing I was aware of was the feeling of Demetri's lips on mine.

He pulled away first but his arms stayed around my waist. I was positive I was blushing. I just kissed Demetri. was the only real thought running through my head. My heart was pounding and when I looked into his face I could see he was smiling. For once, when Demetri spoke his voice held no sarcasm or arrogance. "Faye-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence. My hand cracked through the air, hitting Demetri squarely in the face.

As to be expected, his hands flew off me, one to his cheek the other just reaching out, as if he no longer knew what to do with it. We stood like that for a full minute. I was shocked I had done that, now I didn't know what to say or do.

A smile that was all arrogance curled onto Demetri's lips as he spoke. "So, do you believe I'm real now?"

*************************************************************************

I'm sure you all expected them to kiss sooner or later, but how many of you expected the slap? I know it was short but that was the perfect place to end it!  Please comment and vote and keep reading! Thanks!

-Jodi