Chapter 3: Witches & Science Teachers

CHAPTER 3: Witches & Science Teachers 

So school. Some people really hate school, some people really love it, some people like parts of it, while others just use it as a conveinient gathering of people. Strangely enough, I fall under none of these catagories. I believe that school is a great way to let us learn something about our selves and interact with other people. Yeah, not really. My school is basically a sesspool of teen feelings, relationships and behavior. For more then some people, that behavior is sex. You'd be surprised by the lack of virgins at our school. Then of course we have the status quo. The jocks, geeks, cheerleaders, freaks. All mashed together in one place. I guess my school is pretty average in that sense. We have the people on top and the normal people and then all the other people who get bullied and pushed aside. That's reallly my idea of school. As facinating as I find it, my school has a tendency to bug and disgust me, simultaniously! Fun. I walk in and go straight to my locker, it's right next to Sam's because she managed to trade with the guy who's locker it originally was. Mel wasn't so lucky but, hey, not the end of the world. When I get to my locker Sam is leaning against her's, apparently deep in thought. "Hey!"

"Hm? Oh! Hi, Faye." Sam smiles

"What were you thinking about?"

Sam looks at me, still smiling, as she pretends to think. Then, in her best witch's voice, says "I was thinking about how the super secret evil witch inside me has finally broken out and is soon going to attempt to enslave the human race and take over the world," She grinned evilly. I smile. Sam happens to be the kind of person who could ease a smile out of a rock if she tried.

"C'mon evil witch," I say "We're gonna be late for science and then Mr Hendrick might just kill us"

"Did I mention he's the evil witch's teacher of all evilness?"

I laugh, "No but I can't say I'm surprised, at least I don't need to worry about him burning you at the stake," This time she laughs as we speed walk through the hallways to get to science on time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During science I try to pay attention, I really do, but... It's my dream. It hasn't gone away. They've always left without a trace by now, they've always gone behind that window. For some reason this nightmare has stayed. I can recall with perfect clarity the woman wiping her mouth and the awful sound she made when she realized her mouth was bleeding. I can't figure out what sets this dream apart. The worst part is the constant connection I feel to this girl, like I should know her somehow but I don't

My thoughts vanish as Sam pokes me with her pencil. "Earth to-"

"Hm?" I say looking up suddenly.

"Class is over," Sam says

"Already?"

"Yeah, I've poked you like, six times! What were you thinking of?" She asks

"Nothing, what was Mr Hendrick saying?" I ask as we head towards the door. Sam laughs, like full on head back laughing. A few people turned to look at us.

"You're so cute, thinking I was paing attention! You know as well as anyone I don't listen in most classes," It's true. Sam wants to be an artist and she is a great one already. She tends not to listen in most classes because they won't help her, just listening in the basic classes and, of course, art. I started to turn left, towards french when Sam grabbed my arm. "You sure you're fine? You, like, NEVER space out."

"I'm fine, go meet Mel for history. She's probably waiting,"

"Ok, see you at lunch," Sam said and with a last worried look at me, she walked away to history.

*******************************************************************

Picture of Sam ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Also I'm gonna try my best to update often, comment & vote!

-JM